2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to find out where I can find a replacement for my BiXenon HID lights.

I got the 2015 Mazda 3 sGT, and I got into an accident. The headlight shattered and I got a replacement on eBay that was used. The issue? The ballast and bulb were MIA unfortunately.

Searched eBay and online, the car is too new to find a ballast even though the '13-'15 CX5/9 and '14-'15 3 ballasts would work.

I went to check the parts department and they want about $600 to replace just the ballast and bulb.

So, since I have a good ballast and bulb should I find a second one or should I get an LED replacement?

Any advice is appreciated and looking for a quick fix as I can't really drive the vehicle around my area without a headlight. DC metro area pulls you over instantly. Already happened twice just taking the car from the shop home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you're looking for a photo of in particular but here are some photos of the headlight I installed (shown with the tile as well as on the car), the parts diagram, bulb chart and the working headlight (passenger headlight). I need the bi-xenon ballast and bulb. D4S according to the manual.

Attachments

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
Its just a standard d4s ballast and bulb, anything should work. Check out the retrofit source to see if they have any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts