2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread under construction. Please check back later, and thank you for your patience until completed in a few hours.

We have the below 2017 install instructions. I also believe they will work fine for 2014's/2015'’s/2016’s, but each must check/confirm for themselves. And I have no clue as to whether they will work perfectly for the 2018’s either.

As always, the usual disclaimer that I while I believe all is accurate, everyone proceeds at their own risk, i.e., I accept no responsibility if any errors, omissions, or installer errors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THERE ARE REVISED/UPDATED SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTIONS at the end of the regular pages, involving new/additional parts. Critical to read/follow those extra two pages of instructions which are in post # 3.

Part 1 (of 3 posts): OEM 2017 Front Under Skirt (Front Splitter) install instructions:

Best of luck in your install!

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Part 2 of 3: 2017 DIY (and I believe, but check, '14 & '15, ‘16 & ‘18) Last DIY: Note the additional installation brackets.

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2017 (and I believe, but check, '14, '15, ‘16 & ‘18) Last DIY: Note the additional attachment brackets:

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Consolidated, and now reproduced above without Photobucket blacked out pictures.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Consolidated, and now reproduced above without Photobucket blacked out pictures.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,332 Posts
Could you please re-upload the instructions for the front under skirt? Photojunkit has struck again...

The dealership wants $513 to install the front, side and rear under skits, which seems a little high for the amount of work involved.

I just went over the instructions for the side under skirt and that looks extremely easy. The rear under skirt involves some drilling, but otherwise looks easy enough. I'm guessing the front under skirt will be about the same as the rear, but I was hoping to review the instructions to make sure.
Thanks.
CK

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Busy tonight, and tomorrow is the 24 Hour Rolex at Daytona Race (go Mazda). I will have this done as soon as I can, reloading every image/instruction, no later than Monday night. Hopefully sooner!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,332 Posts
Thanks and anytime next week would be perfect. For some reason, the rear under skirt could only be found in a warehouse in Chicago. It should be arriving in a week or so.
I hope you have fun at the race.
CK

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are now posted. Hope it works well for you!

If you need me to update other OEM aero instructions please PM me or post in that specific DIY.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts