2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great but... i think that are a bit expensive, also knowing that in a lot of china stores you can buy them for 20$ of course are not the same but... 5 times more?

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a cheap set of metric drill bits when I did my install. They are by no means "professional quality", but they worked for drilling plastic.

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
I could use some help with my install. I'm trying to install my gas pedal. This is my first time drilling ever. The instruction sheet says (https://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.net/f509064e8f8e44368109225d1b4f2fd3/images/custom/BHN2-V9-091A.pdf?cb=1510283742) 2.5 mm, 7 mm drill bits.

What's the US drill bit size? would it be 15/64"?
Metric drill bits are readily available in the US.....just as easy to find as SAE sized bits. Go with what the instructions say. Get the wrong size and the screws won't fit right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got the last pedal to go. For the one's who removed the accelerator pedal to drill, did you disconnect the negative terminal before removing it?

Would there be an issue if I were to remove the accelerator pedal without disconnecting the negative terminal?

Also would the part(nut) you put the screw into go in between the plate and pedal or below the pedal?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got the last pedal to go. For the one's who removed the accelerator pedal to drill, did you disconnect the negative terminal before removing it?
I did not disconnect the (-) battery terminal when I removed my gas pedal and had no problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you for the info. I'm going to give that a shot.

Also if you look at the video they put the dead bolt between the peal and the aluminium piece. The instructions does not mention that. How did you guys do it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had them on my 14 and really should have taken them to put them in my 18... ah well, guess it's time to buy some new ones as I liked the look and feel of them :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts