2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't heard we are currently in the process of producing an exhaust header for the 2.5L.

In the mean time check out the OE exhaust flow and see where we are making the improvements on exhaust scavenging.

Go to CorkSport . Com and check out our Blog!

·
Rubber side down
267 Posts
Do you have a ballpark as to how much this will cost? I am curious to see what it could do with a proper tune. I have read that Mazda optimized the OEM header design so well that it is difficult for any aftermarket attempts to make vast improvements (cost vs. power increase). Can't wait to see what CS comes up with!

Any plans for a proper aluminum intake manifold in the future? These plastic bits upset me. :p An aluminum valve cover would be nice as well ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
Hmmmm....unfortunately a "race header" almost invariably means not road legal, non-emissions compliant and not CARB compliant.

·
*The Electrician*
906 Posts
Hmmmm....unfortunately a "race header" almost invariably means not road legal, non-emissions compliant and not CARB compliant.
Ya but some of us lucky folks live places we can get away with such mods?

Reactions: bowtiebuilder

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm curious to see what can be done. Mazda made quite the point of designing a well performing header when they designed this engine. Might not be much room for improvement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts