2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, posted about my ride before, I'm in Namibia, (not Nambia?) and planning on doing a few things to my BM Mazda 3. I shall get an AEM Cold air intake and an OV tune.

One thing i know and seen through the forums is that our babies love high octane fuel, but here in Namibia our fuel options are limited (did some research and concluded that we basically run US 91 octane), so i am considering trying octane boosters.

I found one but not sure if it really works, STP Power Booster (looks just like the US STP Octane booster but not sure if it is) but want to know have anyone of you used the product and does it work?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need octane boosters, just get the tune done to 91 octane.
Thank you, I am getting the tune regardless of if if i can't get the right octane booster, i am just doing some research so that when i do the tune i can tell mat what fuel to tune for

·
My Other Car is a Holden
81 Posts
Besides the negatives of octane enhancing additives, the cost of them is a terrible value for what they actually do.
Google up why they're bad and just have whatever tune you get calibrated for the fuel you have in your area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts