2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Just wanted share my experience with you in case there are people having the same problem and are stuck on figuring out what to do.

I purchased my Mazda3 s Touring over a month ago and ever since the infotainment system would occasionally not turn on after I started the car i.e. having a blank screen. The radio/volume control would still work but the screen was blank. Backup camera and Nav would not work because the screen was blank. Sometimes when I drove for 20mins it will turn itself on magically, but most of the time I would get stucked with a blank screen the whole trip and even the trips after. Tried changing every setting, reset to factory settings, upgraded the maps through Mazda tools. Nothing would work. I was on V27 and the car was manufactured in Feb 2014.

Frustrated and confused I started to look online for solutions, I came across a button combination that will restart the infotainment system and remembered it so that I can try the next time the screen won't turn on. It worked beautifully. After holding BACK + NAV + MUTE for 10 seconds the Mazda logo came on and everything is better :D

I've only used this trick three times and will see if it would keep working but I can't wait to share with other owners who might have similar issues. I know this is only a temporary/ghetto fix but it at least it let me have the backup camera and navigation whenever I need them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mr. Hood thankyou for your post its been most helpful in explaning the problem I've been having with my 2019 Mazda CX9. I my case I found that I have to completely stop the vehicle put it in park and restart it. All of which would suggest that the system doesn't always boot properly when started. I will take it up with the dealership when it's in for it's next service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm facing the same issue as, my Mazda 3 (2014), the display is getting off just after start to go, I did the all the option like pressing the three-button and finally, i have updated the software with latest 70 and still, that issue is same. can anyone help me as what do I do to rectify this issue?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts