·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
351 Posts
Hi Folks,
just wondering if anyone has experience with connecting up the the diagnostic system on Mazda 3 with products such as this one:

Cheap New B VCM II MAZDA VCM2 V91.06 IDS MAZDA VCM II with Carton Box from Carobd2store,$156.55 | DHgate.com

Its obviously a copy, but does work with the real IDS software so claimed, so would be useful for many things including adapting control modules if it works.

And suits my love of tinkering....:nerd::nerd::nerd:

TIA.

Russ
Hi.
I use this program (free):
ForScan
and adapter elm 327 wi fi:
Vgate Icar 2 OBD2 OBD ELM327 WiFi Car Diagnostic Scan Tool Android iPhone iPad | eBay
Program producer promised to add in near future AS Built

·
Banned
351 Posts
Thanks - does it let you change settings on controllers or just do diagnostic DTC reporting?
New MAZDA has very few change options with main menu IDS. The main changes are configurable via "As Build Data". The dealer has no information about changes of "As Build Data" and uses only data "As Build" for your VIN. The dealer refuses to change "As Build Data" for new features!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New MAZDA has very few change options with main menu IDS. The main changes are configurable via "As Build Data". The dealer has no information about changes of "As Build Data" and uses only data "As Build" for your VIN. The dealer refuses to change "As Build Data" for new features!
Thanks. This is my first Mazda, so learning.... I've been used to VAG and the options that controllers provide there or adaptions that can be made.

My dealer is going to change at least one of the config parameters for me - so maybe Aussie dealers are more accommodating.....but I like to have control myself.

I also understand that there is a mod to IDS software that allows controller programming without needing a Mazda account.....not sure how useful that would be, but....
Also, if one adds controllers to a car, they often need adaption to work correctly - and one never knows what one might add - like you have done with Video....
:smile2::smile2::smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts