2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My Mazda 3 is starting to get old enough I feel I need to keep a OBD2 diagnostic scanner with the car should eny codes fire and appear on the dashboard.

One friend recommended the Autel MD808, which is not cheap, but appears to have a ton of functionality. And, it should be useful for a wide range of cars, so I can help a friend if asked with their (non-)Mazda.

Any suggestion from forum members on what to get and why? I'm sure there are options for people tuning their cars. I'm someone that just needs their car to be a daily driver with a little extra fun when needed.

Thank you!

·
Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
525 Posts
Hello!

My Mazda 3 is starting to get old enough I feel I need to keep a OBD2 diagnostic scanner with the car should eny codes fire and appear on the dashboard.

One friend recommended the Autel MD808, which is not cheap, but appears to have a ton of functionality. And, it should be useful for a wide range of cars, so I can help a friend if asked with their (non-)Mazda.

Any suggestion from forum members on what to get and why? I'm sure there are options for people tuning their cars. I'm someone that just needs their car to be a daily driver with a little extra fun when needed.

Thank you!
I use a Health Monitor called ZUS by Nonda, its works really well for me so far, reads live data and checks/clears codes. has a live dashboard to display the live data too.

Its free with my referral link, just have to pay the shipping, I got one for my GF as well.

My referal Code: PMXCDP, In case you wanted to check it out.

·
2018 mazda owner
53 Posts
Hello!

Thank you!
I use the Bluetooth OBD2 reader for $15 and I download the free app from play store. I've used it many times with my past car and my wife's car. You plug the small device in the OBD2 reader then pull up the app on your phone. It shows you the fault code and you can clear the fault code (but eventually it comes back if you don't fix the issue ) when I went to Canada they wanted to charge me $100 just to clear or check the code so that's when I said I'll go online and buy my own for way cheaper. I couldn't gone to the auto store for a free scan but they won't clear the code.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I use the Bluetooth OBD2 reader for $15 and I download the free app from play store. I've used it many times with my past car and my wife's car. You plug the small device in the OBD2 reader then pull up the app on your phone. It shows you the fault code and you can clear the fault code (but eventually it comes back if you don't fix the issue ) when I went to Canada they wanted to charge me $100 just to clear or check the code so that's when I said I'll go online and buy my own for way cheaper. I couldn't gone to the auto store for a free scan but they won't clear the code.
I use one of the cheap ones too. I'm sure the more expensive ones are better, but honestly this does the job. I can log live data as well so I'm happy.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
525 Posts
I use one of the cheap ones too. I'm sure the more expensive ones are better, but honestly this does the job. I can log live data as well so I'm happy.
Same, Mine was only $14.99 for shipping, and free at the time, it gets the job done, I am eyeing one on amazon but its $115 ish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts