2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Did anyone try to use OBD II scaner on Mazda3 yet? Because a friend told me that may cause the engine light lit. And it may cause the factory warrenty voided. Is that true? :confused1 1:

Thank you.

fox

·
Registered
476 Posts
Code readers read and reset check engine lights, they dont cause them to appear. And they will not void your vehicles warranty if you use a code reader on your OBDII port. Hope that clarifies things for ya

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello,
Did anyone try to use OBD II scaner on Mazda3 yet? Because a friend told me that may cause the engine light lit. And it may cause the factory warrenty voided. Is that true? :confused1 1:

Thank you.

fox
I have used a OBDII scanner on my car...twice! When I first installed my CorkSport SRI I thew a CEL and wanted to figure out why. Later on, after I talked to Jason at CorkSport he explained the issue and I used the OBDII to clear the code!

No problems caused by the reader and it doesn't void the warranty, shit the dealers use them all the time to check stuff out and the emissions test sites use them too!!!

·
Rocket Scientist
36 Posts
I've got a Actron that does code scanning, as well as real time data display, data capture, and storage. No, it doesn't cause CELs or void your warranty. I did notice that some of the data points (esp. throttle position) displayed funny, like maybe they are sending them at higher rates in the frame so they are overwriting more often... but thats more a point of interest than a problem.

I was thinking about logging before/after data if I ever get one of those nifty SRIs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts