Registered
5,839 Posts
O M G

*Jaw drops*

Took you long enough

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Not my style. I liked the rims when they were black. And I suppose you track the car heavily and that's why the interior is gone. I couldn't do that to my daily driver. Lol

Other than that's it's clean and not over done.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great build! Liking that subtle checked pattern on the back. Did you replace the blue with white? Or did it just come out like that after being on for a while lol pretty cool either way!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is daily driven ;)

I hate black wheels.. hate is probably a strong word but I very strongly dislike black or anything dark because it's so difficult to photograph or see.

But besides that point... the Rays (for sale btw) I spent probably over 100 hours working on.
They were beyond no case to be driven on when I got them.

The blue vinyl was pulled off and replaced with matte white.

Life of the 1993 Rays GTP:

Of course a test fit the MOMENT (No joke, I was waxing my car when they showed up) they came in.

Dislike them as much as you want lol, but I put more time in those wheels than most car "enthusiasts" put into their own cars. I did all of the work except for the powdercoat.
From resurfacing and removing the old cruddy black and VERY incorrect paint (these wheels are silver; they were never black until some previous owner decided to paint them black, and put an incorrect decal on them).
Sand blasted, I was going to paint them but couldn't get a color to match close enough (graffiti paint was the closest, which is what I attempted but results were not pleasing).
Put a crap ton of hours into refinishing the lips. Owner before me was a drifter out in California and as you can see they were beyond curb rashed; all 4 were rashed 100% around the lip (not kidding), all got cleaned up to as close as I could get without digging to deep.
Faces were coated with Azure blue powder, and then rebuilt by me.

Enjoy!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Car is daily driven ;)
Yeah, but I've picked up three chicks in mine. :eek:hsnap 1:

Beautiful job on the wheels. I couldn't see myself pouring that kind of effort into something I'm eventually going to damage anyways, but hey, work is work. Very nice. :thumbup1 1:

·
AutoProject
241 Posts
OMG O.O
Its NUSE!! Run for the hills!!

nah just kidding man, Good too see you're here :beerchug 1:

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I like the way the car sits now than what it looked like before. But, that's just my opinion. Finally over here I see.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I liked the bluw wheels and vinyl better. Not a fan of gold wheels.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I miss it too; but was time to grow up!

The weds are still blue, so my trackday wheels will be there, but the blue vinyl will be gone forever most likely.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wow that looks amazing man great work!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts