2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should've mentioned, it's a Mazda 3 SP25 and this is on the right rear passenger door sill. It's not present on the other side of the car.

·
Rubber side down
257 Posts
I'm guessing it isn't metal, it is actually a clear plastic adhesive shield (much like invisible car bras and the old cell phone screen protectors) to protect that edge of the door sill. Being toward the bottom, rear corner of the door frame, that looks where the door might most likely collide with the door sill if there is ever a failure in the hinge that would cause the door to sag. Or perhaps where the seat belt buckle might most likely hang down if the reel weakens.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing it isn't metal, it is actually a clear plastic adhesive shield (much like invisible car bras and the old cell phone screen protectors) to protect that edge of the door sill. Being toward the bottom, rear corner of the door frame, that looks where the door might most likely collide with the door sill if there is ever a failure in the hinge that would cause the door to sag. Or perhaps where the seat belt buckle might most likely hang down if the reel weakens.

Just a guess.
hmmm, that makes sense, it's just weird because it's very small and only on one side.

I'm concerned that it's covering up some damage, but i'm not sure if I could peel it off, it looks like it's painted on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried, it peels off, I'm not game enough to peel off the entire thing but I guess it is just a plastic adhesive shield.

It's weird, why put a 100mm long shield on one side of the car? Maybe there's a scratch underneath or something, something odd and something I've never seen before.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,339 Posts
It was on both sides of my car.

It was also on both sides of my 2016 3.
CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts