2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone. You can't see them. They look like crap. This trend should end sooner not later.Flame away boys and girls :wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Once you go black you never go back... :afro::afro::afro::afro: (4 smileys for each black wheel)

But on a serious note, it also depends on your car's paint, the contrast of the wheels compared to your car's paint will be greater if you have a light color, for example white. Whereas if you have a darker color they become less noticeable IMO...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once you go black you never go back... :afro::afro::afro::afro: (4 smileys for each black wheel)

But on a serious note, it also depends on your car's paint, the contrast of the wheels compared to your car's paint will be greater if you have a light color, for example white. Whereas if you have a darker color they become less noticeable IMO...
Basically bored and stirring the pot. Love the replies. Honestly don't care for them , but to each his own.
:grin2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just gonna leave these here

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
There are so many wheels of all colors that look really good for those who wish to change. I also commend Mazda for having really nice design wheels on our 3's (except the steelies); good job Mazda for having interesting stock wheels for those who wish to stay that way. Like the nice twists to the spokes.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I've seen cars where black wheels look stunning and complete the whole picture; and then I've seen cars where it's like, "Eh, I know what you were going for...but it's doesn't work."

I feel it boils down to wheel design, car color, and the actual gloss and sheen used on the finish of the wheel. If the finish is able to accentuate the wheel when it's painted black, then it could look damn good. So I give your comment, "you can't see them" some credit because if the finish isn't helping accentuate them, then yeah, you can't see them.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
i prefer gun metal or bronze colored wheels but like others have said the color of the car and finish of the wheels makes the difference

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reactions: Loud3

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm with you. I just don't get it. Black wheels are what you got when your hubcaps fell off, but like many things ghetto it turns into a trend like wearing pants that don't fit you.

Why someone would spend money to buy an aftermarket wheel so that blends in with the tire in the wheel well is beyond me.

I'm sure I'll get flamed as well but stand 15 or 20 feet away from a car with black wheels and you can't even see them.

What really kill's me is the dark car, with the dark windows, dark rims, black tires, and then they drop it to get rid of the black Gap in the wheel well.

Looks like a sale on black spray paint at wally world.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm with you. I just don't get it. Black wheels are what you got when your hubcaps fell off, but like many things ghetto it turns into a trend like wearing pants that don't fit you.

Why someone would spend money to buy an aftermarket wheel so that blends in with the tire in the wheel well is beyond me.

I'm sure I'll get flamed as well but stand 15 or 20 feet away from a car with black wheels and you can't even see them.

What really kill's me is the dark car, with the dark windows, dark rims, black tires, and then they drop it to get rid of the black Gap in the wheel well.

Looks like a sale on black spray paint at wally world.
I definitely see where youre coming from. However I do think the quality and style of the wheel makes a massive difference.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
If anybody decides they want to get rid of their black wheels let me know, I will take them ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
It just depends on the car - sometimes it looks great, other times cheap. 5 year ago i would have said "black wheels always!!!", now i'm not into it so much.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts

Saw the error of my ways.

(BLACK WHEELS COMING BACK ON THE NEXT CAR/SMALLSUV - HATE ON IT)

Reactions: comebackqid
1 - 20 of 55 Posts