2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, I've narrowed my list to a Mazda 3 - so a single car. Just need to figure out what variant. Also, I'm going late model (14 or later) versus new. I've owned multiple new cars over my lifetime - and most recent car (now 14 years old) was just a year old and 8,000 miles. I like letting someone else take the depreciation hit as it rolls off the lot. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently putting together a spreadsheet to create a matrix of features that changed from 2014 to 2017. For example, Mazda Connect is standard in the Touring trim level 2015 and later. I'd need to go to GT to get that feature in a 2014. It's a fun process.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I did 2014 sGT to get the safety features. And again in 17.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled the trigger and purchased a Mazda 3 Touring Titanium Mica Flash - no options and just what I wanted. I've already ordered the NAV off the 'bay and should receive it on Tuesday. I pick up the car on Friday. It is an automatic - as manual is so limited in quantity. While my wife can and does (both current cars have standard transmission) drive stick, she was leaning towards automatic. We're very excited as this is our very first Mazda (owned Honda, Toyota, Subaru, BMW - and a Suzuki motorcycle). I love the way it handles - right there with grin factor of BMW 3 series....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Awesome! Great choice, you will definitely enjoy it.
I also got my car pre-owned, a 14' GT. It's been a year and a half since I've owned it and to this day I still love every time I drive it.
It's also my first Mazda as well and now I'm hooked, I will definitely get another in the future whether it be a 6, MX-5, CX-5, CX-3, or another 3.
Just wait until you get the itch to start mod... lol
Lots of great info in the forum! Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh .. and great choice.

Mine is also a used 2014, loved it since i got it 2 months ago.

Remember to take ans share your pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts