2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears that even though my OEM radio in my 2012 3 has the SAT button, it apparently is not SAT capable. Though it looks the same on the outside as others, it is what is actually behind the front panel that makes it a SAT capable radio. Therefore, just buying the SAT receiver and install kit is not good enough to make it work. Does this sound right? I am seeing at least 4 different part numbers to Mazda 3 radios for 2010-2013, and I know that there was a 6-disc version as well as a version that supported the 10 speaker system. The part numbers are somewhat logical, BBM266AROA, BBM466ARXB, BBM566ARO, BBM766ARX. Does anyone else have any input on this?

Reid

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah same thing happened here I was completely under the impression when I bought the car It had sat radio. They even gave me the code for a year free but my car doesnt have the tuner. Im arguing with the dealer now to try and get them to put it in since the car was sold to me as having sat radio. Not that Its a huge ordeal I use my 4G I pad mini to stream music but hell Thats what I thought I was buying. As far as adding one Its just a matter of adding the tuner they are for the most part universal. The dealers usually even sell them for normal MSRP price instead of jacked up dealer price

1 - 3 of 3 Posts