2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering where those of you who live in NC/SC bought your new Mazda 3 and if you would recommend the dealership where you purchased. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought mine from Stevenson Mazda in Jacksonville. The salesperson worked really hard for me and I think I got a good deal (I leased which makes it somewhat difficult to tell.) The salesperson's name is Mark Streiff and he is the internet sales manager.

I get my car serviced at Mazda of New Bern as they seem like they are more knowledgeable in their service department (replaced a bad battery when Stevenson would not and did my v29 update when Stevenson wouldn't).

·
Registered
412 Posts
What part of NC are you talking about? It's a pretty big state.......

Although nothing's set in stone, I just placed an order and my dealer (Skyland Mazda in Asheville) didn't ask for a deposit or anything. Just got my contact info and placed an order for what I wanted. His offer was pretty straight-forward too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What part of NC are you talking about? It's a pretty big state.......

Although nothing's set in stone, I just placed an order and my dealer (Skyland Mazda in Asheville) didn't ask for a deposit or anything. Just got my contact info and placed an order for what I wanted. His offer was pretty straight-forward too.
I live in the Charlotte/Metro area but would be willing to go 100 miles. I do have 3 dealerships within a 30 mile radius so hoping someone has had experience with one of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keffer Mazda

I purchased a hatch sport touring from Keffer Mazda in Huntersville this past Tuesday. I drove two hours from Greenville, SC due to them being so helpful and cutting me a much better deal than John Finger Mazda. They were a pleasure to deal with. Ask for Gabriel the GM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mazda of South Charlotte quoted me a good Internet price but when I went by their lot, I noticed that every new car had dealer add-ons totaling $2,995. What a rip-off. These add-ons are worth about $500-$600 total, so they are making a huge profit off those. The fact that they do not mention these or reveal them on their website makes me feel they are deceitful, although the salesperson told me she would not add any dealer add-ons to the quoted Internet price. Still ... $3000 for $600 of xtras?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi deb.... Just wondering how you arrive at a 3000 add-on worth $600 ? I guess another way you could put it is a $500 add on that you don't want is worth zip ?
Looks like what they did was quoted a price of a base model with no options which can be ordered that way but had others on the lot with options added. Unless they gave you a price on a model on the lot with a stock number then wanted more money when you picked it up ; wouldn't really call that deceitful . Here in Canada we can price our car with the add-on packages we want and then go dicker a price but in most cases that is the price your paying. Toyota started that several years ago and the rest fell in line. Sometimes if it is a demo or year end you get further discounted pricing or you may get them to throw in wheel locks or floor or trunk mats but not much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts