2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all-

According to the Mazda Connect site (Mazda Connect) there is a new navigation update dated January 2017. The previous one was September 2016. I'm using Toolbox to download it now.

Note that this is only for the most recent cars (around 2014+) with MZD Connect, not the older TomTom version.

EDIT: Using Toolbox, the update download and install went fine, but Toolbox still doesn't appear to make proper SD card backups like the old version did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping they did some updates here in southwest Florida. My road is still showing up as a dirt road but it's been paved for like 10 years.......

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes thank you for the heads up
There's a couple of new roads here in Houston that the last update didn't catch

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks I just installed the update... also notices something I didn't see before. A buy button... my subscription runs till June 6, 2017 but after that seems they are offering a time update and a 3 year subscription.

$84.70 USD - Single Time update
$135.75 USD - 3 Year map update subscription

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, toolbox stated my 2014 Mazda 3 subscription has expired. Wow, how time fly's when your having fun. No worries, I also have a 2016 Mazda 6 that the subscription expires 2019. As for the 3, if it gets too far out of date, will use the trusty Tom Tom that has Lifetime map update. Shame Mazda can't do that, especially the price you paid for the car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah maybe now that 3rd gen owners 3-year free updates are expiring (mine expires August 2017), they will finally have frequent up to date maps available since users will have to start buying them soon.
It does suck that we don't get free lifetime updates...

but the way I see it:
I think Mazda has one of the best in-car GPS in non-luxury mass produced cars, and I think this was possible by partnering with the company that offers these maps. The downside is that obviously as part of their agreement we will have to end up paying for the updates later on.
And we also get to update our own GPS whereas other manufacturers you have to take it to a dealership to do.
So I'm really happy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah maybe now that 3rd gen owners 3-year free updates are expiring (mine expires August 2017), they will finally have frequent up to date maps available since users will have to start buying them soon.
It does suck that we don't get free lifetime updates...

but the way I see it:
I think Mazda has one of the best in-car GPS in non-luxury mass produced cars, and I think this was possible by partnering with the company that offers these maps. The downside is that obviously as part of their agreement we will have to end up paying for the updates later on.
And we also get to update our own GPS whereas other manufacturers you have to take it to a dealership to do.
So I'm really happy.
well my thought and experiences with NNG software, the big miss Mazda they do by inject the nng binary in system.. they just try to confuse who want to mode it... but this has being broken .. only time to calculated all missed issue they do, as the code go out from jci to mnt then back to jci then out to temp and again to jci... and this totally useless, just make it slow to catch service and GPS signal.. the main roots i did reached and soon will cut it to let it new tree free forever. let you sit down and delete tool box from yours pc

·
Registered
198 Posts
Question: I only have iOS devices, no computer. Can the dealer do this update? My home address doesn't appear on the maps that came with my 2017.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is my last month to get updates. Then I'll have to subscribe. I might just bite the bullet on the 3 year subscription because I plan on keeping the car now that it's paid off and have noticed that the map updates not only add new roads, but improve performance as well.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it a placebo effect? I have swapped out the SD card that came with the car for a faster SanDisc SD card, so that might have something to do with it.

Anything subtle changes with the January 2017 update?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think Mazda has one of the best in-car GPS in non-luxury mass produced cars
Ugh. That is a pretty sad state of affairs then. I like my 6 year old "plug-in-the-cigarette-lighter" Garmin better than the Nav built into my 2016 Mazda 3. The maps are more accurate, instructions are timed just right. Just what you expect from a Nav system. Mazda's Nav acts like a "throw in".

Who does Mazda's maps anyway? Is there a place to send map correction requests?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ugh. That is a pretty sad state of affairs then. I like my 6 year old "plug-in-the-cigarette-lighter" Garmin better than the Nav built into my 2016 Mazda 3. The maps are more accurate, instructions are timed just right. Just what you expect from a Nav system. Mazda's Nav acts like a "throw in".

Who does Mazda's maps anyway? Is there a place to send map correction requests?
Here maps creator

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts