2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Mazda will be updating the maps for Gen 3 Mazda 3's any longer? I know they updated for Gen 4 (June 2020). Here we are at the end of July and the latest update is Jan 2020, knowing they update twice a year and usually do mid year update by July and the 2nd one late December/Jan timeframe. My subscription expired and purposely held off renewing after the June 2019 update since I wasn't driving much due to Coronavirus.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
Why on Earth would you update the maps when it costs just a little more to install CarPlay/AA?
Just curious, those updates are expensive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ummm...in case you're out of cell phone range?
That has no effect on the navigation. Once it’s input into the phone it will lead you there. Plus, offline maps can be downloaded on your phone ahead of time. So, as logical as your argument is intended to come across, it doesn’t hold water.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
For the sake of convenience.. click a button on your console.. done.

AA/carplay require a few more steps and conditions for it to work properly.
Ck

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew that was going to be everyone's responses. Your questions are noted and understood as I'm quite aware of the alternatives. Car play is hit and miss in case you haven't heard. I use AIO tweaks as well and am purposely still using V 59 for that reason. When I need my phone for navigation I can just easily place it in my cradle in the dash. Sometimes, I just want a quick address or know my location or street name and it's easier to punch in the address on the screen while I'm driving 80 MPH on a hairy curve than on my phone...I find it safer instead of having to slow down to 30 and look down at my phone while the 18 wheeler is oncoming. The cost is marginal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I knew that was going to be everyone's responses. Your questions are noted and understood as I'm quite aware of the alternatives. Car play is hit and miss in case you haven't heard. I use AIO tweaks as well and am purposely still using V 59 for that reason. When I need my phone for navigation I can just easily place it in my cradle in the dash. Sometimes, I just want a quick address or know my location or street name and it's easier to punch in the address on the screen while I'm driving 80 MPH on a hairy curve than on my phone...I find it safer instead of having to slow down to 30 and look down at my phone while the 18 wheeler is oncoming. The cost is marginal.
But... Siri.
I send texts, call people, navigate... with Siri. And for Android I think there’s some second-rate alternative.

No typing necessary.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That has no effect on the navigation. Once it’s input into the phone it will lead you there. Plus, offline maps can be downloaded on your phone ahead of time. So, as logical as your argument is intended to come across, it doesn’t hold water.
Agreed, provided one downloads the map in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts