2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a billion wheel threads already and I've done some searching but it's too much of a good thing and can't find specifics on an identical set-up. Crespo's is pretty close but he's running coilovers http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/m3r-rides-meets-pics/11300-crespos-build-thread.html#post133094

Picking up a 2013 itouring hatch MT tomorrow (Dolphin gray FTW!1!!)
Wife hates the wheels (she has an FR-S)
So here comes the will it fit question...
  • DR-31 17x8 47mm offset
    From what I've read I'm good here​
  • NITTO Motivo 235/45ZR17XL
    Will this width tire protect/stick out a little farther than the lip of the rim?​
    Can I avoid rolling the fenders with this set-up?​

In the future I plan on RM 1.25 or Pro-kits with Koni orange SR.T suspension. Coilovers will probably never be in the picture. I live in Florida BTW.

Big fan of the forums!

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
You are fine, we have a whole thread on what wheels will fit, etc etc... It is stickied at the top.. le sigh of this wheels and tires section (sub-forum)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are fine, we have a whole thread on what wheels will fit, etc etc... It is stickied at the top.. le sigh of this wheels and tires section (sub-forum)
Thanks for the response. Yes, I've spent some time in the stickied wheel threads. That's what I meant by to much of a good thing. I knew the wheels and offset would be fine but I had questions on the tire size.

Thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
[*]DR-31 17x8 47mm offset
From what I've read I'm good here​
[*]NITTO Motivo 235/45ZR17XL
Will this width tire protect/stick out a little farther than the lip of the rim?​
Most 235/45-17s are about 9" wide, so you should be good.

Note that the amount of protection you get against curb damage or scratching the lip if you accidentally drop the wheel on its face when changing tires depends on the tire... some tires have more of a tire protector area built into the sidewall than others.

Can I avoid rolling the fenders with this set-up?​
There's really no way to answer this question... it will depend on your exact ride height, your alignment specs (more negative camber = more tire to fender clearance), how much weight you have in your car (heavy subwoofer boxes and passengers increase the odds of rubbing a fender lip, how aggressively you drive, and whether you are okay with your tires rubbing occasionally (and possibly making marks or grooves in the sidewall), or if you never want to have a tire contact the fender.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Congrats! Hooray for Dolphin Gray! ;)

You should be fine...you're a little wider and taller than me but based on how my wheels fit and the clearance I have there is enough room that you should be fine...I have 225/45 on 17x7.5+48 on 1.25" Road Magnets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I tried to read up on some builds. Especially yours tastic:thumbup 1: I'm a fan and you have the same spring/strut and shock set-up that I was planning.
Tint is coming first and probably a shift knob but wheels and suspension will be coming soon after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts