2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 SE-L Nav displayed problems with engaging 3rd / 4th gear, and after a couple of visits to Victoria Park Mazda in Cardiff, they carried out TSB 05/001-15, replacing the 3rd and 4th gears and synchro hubs. After a running in period, this cured the 3rd / 4th gear problems.

However, I've since noticed an odd noise at low speed, on a trailing throttle, in 2nd gear. It sounds almost like a rubbing noise or a chipped tooth on each rotation of the gear. Once the speed or rpm is increased, it disappears. I never noticed it before the TSB was carried out, and think that it may have been caused by the gearbox being dismantled.

It doesn't happen every time I engage second gear, maybe 1 in 4 times. I want to take it back to the dealer under warranty, but since it doesn't affect the driveability as such, I have doubts whether they'll take it seriously. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

·
2014 Mazda 3 GS 6m
16 Posts
It would be a good idea to go back to the dealer and have it checked and put on file. Something may not have been put back together properly.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts