2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on cmu150_EU_56.00.230A and used the All In One tweaks scripts and applied seemed apply them successfully. However, now I have no USB access ... and, if I look at the Version Information in System, it shows it as 'unavailable'. Other strange things are that in Navigation, all the icons are in the standard red, but everything else is in Silver (the colour scheme I chose in AIO)

Also, the standard apps (Fuel Economy etc) are not selectable and greyed out.

What I was going to try to do was to restore everything back to stock by reapplying to cmu150_EU_56.00.230A and then start again, but of course with no USB, this isn't an option.

I've tried to SSH in and manually copy back the backup files from AIO using Putty and Filezilla, but no effect.

Has anyone any suggestion of what might have gone wrong or how I can reinstall without USB?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
delving deeper...

With a freshly formatted USB (with a single MP3 file) inserted before I switched on, I SSH'd in and ran the 'mount' command to see what was accessible ...

/dev # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=8192k,nr_inodes=96338,mode=755)
/dev/ffx01p1 on / type relfs (ro,noatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=8192k,nr_inodes=96338,mode=755)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=131072k)
/dev/ffx01p4 on /tmp/mnt/data type relfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /tmp/mnt/data_persist type relfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /config-mfg type squashfs (ro,relatime)
none on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /tmp/mnt/resources type relfs (ro,noatime)
/dev/sdb1 on /tmp/mnt/sd_nav type vfat (rw,sync,dirsync,noatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

So the satnav card shows up on /dev/sdb1, but nothing else mounted. The indicator light on the USB flashed briefly, so there is power going to the USB socket. With a normal Linux system, I would have expected to see an /etc/fstab file with the mounts listed, but that file doesn't exist here. I don't know whether its missing or its location hard coded in.

the hunt continues, but any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What does dmesg say after you inserted usb?[/QUOTE

With apologies for a very long post.
The complete output is below, but this might be the relevant bit ...

[ 7.123517] usb 2-1.3: Product: TransMemory
[ 7.123527] usb 2-1.3: Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
[ 7.123538] usb 2-1.3: SerialNumber: ECA86B2419CFCF30BC4C8753
[ 7.124157] usb 2-1.3: Device is not authorized for usage

I've had to trim the first part of the output as it was bigger than this board would allow me to post or attach as either txt or zip.

edit : removed complete output to make a shorter post

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
16 Posts
The file you mentioned doesn't match the ones in the URL I pasted above. Can you check if you have the right ones ?

ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/authorize*

Also check what's the current setting:

cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/authorize*

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the prompt replies

OK - I tried ...
/sys/bus/devices/usb2-1.3/authorized and got /sys/bus/devices/usb2-1.3/authorized: not found

also tried
/sys/bus/devices/usb 2-1.3/authorized
and got the same result
here you go ...

/tmp/root # ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/authorize*
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/authorized
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/authorized_default
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/authorized
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/authorized_default
/tmp/root # cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/authorize*
/tmp/root #

This is beyond my user knowledge now, so I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like those two authorized_defaults are 0. Try to set them to 1.

echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/authorized_default
echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/authorized_default

Now run cat again to confirm you get four 1.

Your usb should work after, dmesg shouldn't give "not authorized" error anymore.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like those two authorized_defaults are 0. Try to set them to 1.

echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/authorized_default
echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/authorized_default

Now run cat again to confirm you get four 1.

Your usb should work after, dmesg shouldn't give "not authorized" error anymore.
This was partially successful. I did a 'mount -o rw,remount /' first and then the 2 lines you suggested. Running cat then gave me 1,1,1,1
But still no USB. So I thought a reboot would help, but then it reverts to 1,0,1,0

·
Registered
16 Posts
After you got 1,1,1,1 , were you able to access your USB/MP3 files?

During reboot, I suspect one of the tweaks scripts you installed set them back to 1, 0, 1, 0. If you check those scripts, you may get a better idea. Maybe you can modify the startup script to include those two "echo" lines to make the change "sticky".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After you got 1,1,1,1 , were you able to access your USB/MP3 files?

During reboot, I suspect one of the tweaks scripts you installed set them back to 1, 0, 1, 0. If you check those scripts, you may get a better idea. Maybe you can modify the startup script to include those two "echo" lines to make the change "sticky".

Short answer is no. I tried to access the USB immediately after checking for 1,1,1,1 and couldn't. I'll have a look through the scripts and see if there is anything there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After applying what you suggested and getting 1,1,1,1 I looked at dmesg again I see ...

[ 18.489841] scsi0 : usb-storage 2-1.1:1.0
[ 18.490539] usb 2-1.1: authorized to connect
[ 18.512514] usb 2-1.2: new high speed USB device number 4 using fsl-ehci
[ 18.623916] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0930, idProduct=6544
[ 18.623937] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 18.623952] usb 2-1.2: Product: TransMemory
[ 18.623962] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
[ 18.623973] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: ECA86B2419CFCF30BC4C8753
[ 18.624426] usb 2-1.2: Device is not authorized for usage

... so now the problem seems to be 'Device is not authorized for usage'
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi,
i just got the same problem with USB connection after installed the all-in-one-tweaks. do you have any solution to recover the USB connection or reinstall Firmware.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
hi,
i just got the same problem with USB connection after installed the all-in-one-tweaks. do you have any solution to recover the USB connection or reinstall Firmware.

thanks
I'm afraid the short answer is no. I'd be interested to see what the developer of AIO tweaks thinks now as I thought it was a one off glitch. If its happened to you as well, it seems to indicate a problem, albeit a rare one.

edit. Given the problems I'd had, I'd given up for a bit, but reading the AIO thread I see that he has fixed one of the uninstalls which deleted a file (/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstalsa.so) causing the USBs to be unavailable. I checked mine, and this file is missing, so what I need to try now is to get hold of a copy of this file and manually restore it and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm afraid the short answer is no. I'd be interested to see what the developer of AIO tweaks thinks now as I thought it was a one off glitch. If its happened to you as well, it seems to indicate a problem, albeit a rare one.

edit. Given the problems I'd had, I'd given up for a bit, but reading the AIO thread I see that he has fixed one of the uninstalls which deleted a file (/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstalsa.so) causing the USBs to be unavailable. I checked mine, and this file is missing, so what I need to try now is to get hold of a copy of this file and manually restore it and see if it fixes the problem.
Have you managed to solve ? I have the same problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try a reset? press at the same time NAV+MUTE+BACK for 20 seconds.. It worked for me. At first I thought turning the ignition off will do the job, but I guess the reset combination buttons will help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you managed to solve ? I have the same problem

Yes. I had to ssh in and manually copied across the missing file. After this I did a complete reinstall and reapplied the AIO tweaks using the latest version. All working again now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys help sort out the problem. After updating the firmware to ..502 using the card reader (SD card), no flash card is detected, but any connected card reader works without problems

1 - 20 of 22 Posts