2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No Navigation-Maps-No SD Card & In Need Of Dire Help

Purchased our very first Mazda being a 2014 Mazda3 GS sedan.
Cost us every cent the wife and I had left in our bank account.
We paid for both of our parents funerals with in the last few months therefore funds are very tight.
The car is a 2014 Mazda3 GS sedan with the touch screen Navigation/Blue tooth/Stereo.
Reason for the purchase is that I am now more then 60% paralyzed due to a rare Central Nerve Disease, not able to work any more and I have no medical insurance or other to help us out financially.
We both thought that the car we purchased would be very economical, "AND the Navigation System was a MUST" to have for us.
As we live in a rural area the wife has been trying to get me into any experimental procedure she can find in Canada or the USA that would help my condition.
We finally pay off the purchase price in full, pick up the used 2014 Mazda3 GS sedan today that we only to find out that :
1.) The Navigation/Maps and other parts of the System is non functional
2.) We directly both go to the nearest Mazda Dealership and ask them to help us out and they zap us for $ 40.00 to upgrade something that had to do with the Stereo/Bluetooth.
3.) Then they proceed to inform the wife and I, that the cars system has no Mazda SD Card, and if we want the Navigation Maps System to be functional, we must pay the Mazda Dealer $499.99 plus tax's for such, to which we do not have, nor can we afford, that would allow us to obtain this so called Mazda SD Card!!!
4.) Any help via suggestions from the knowledgeable members of this forum of how my wife and i may be able to proceed around this present situation would be very helpful, and as well more then appreciated by both of us.
5.) Note thereafter they give us our car back we as well noticed that the screen on the dash flickers rapidly when we tried to reset the time,radio stations and other functions to the point where as it is all most impossible to set any features mentioned herein because the flickering of the screen is to fast!
6.) We do not know if the Mazda dealership is telling us the truth or not about only being able to purchase a original Mazda SD Card to make our Navigation/Maps operational or not?
Please help.
Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We paid for both of our parents funerals with in the last few months therefore funds are very tight.
The car is a 2014 Mazda3 GS sedan with the touch screen Navigation/Blue tooth/Stereo.
Reason for the purchase is that I am now more then 60% paralyzed due to a rare Central Nerve Disease, not able to work any more and I have no medical insurance or other to help us out financially.
We both thought that the car we purchased would be very economical, "AND the Navigation System was a MUST" to have for us.
As we live in a rural area the wife has been trying to get me into any experimental procedure she can find in Canada or the USA that would help my condition.
We finally pay off the purchase price in full, pick up the used 2014 Mazda3 GS sedan today that we only to find out that :
2.) We directly both go to the nearest Mazda Dealership and ask them to help us out and they zap us for $ 40.00 to upgrade something that had to do with the Stereo/Bluetooth.
3.) Then they proceed to inform the wife and I, that the cars system has no Mazda SD Card, and if we want the Navigation Maps System to be functional, we must pay the Mazda Dealer $499.99 plus tax's for such, to which we do not have, nor can we afford, that would allow us to obtain this so called Mazda SD Card!!!
4.) Any help via suggestions from the knowledgeable members of this forum of how my wife and i may be able to proceed around this present situation would be very helpful, and as well more then appreciated by both of us.
5.) Note thereafter they give us our car back we as well noticed that the screen on the dash flickers rapidly when we tried to reset the time,radio stations and other functions to the point where as it is all most impossible to set any features mentioned herein because the flickering of the screen is to fast!
6.) We do not know if the Mazda dealership is telling us the truth or not about only being able to purchase a original Mazda SD Card to make our Navigation/Maps operational or not?
Please help.
Thank you.
Please excuse any typos or my grammar. Medication has its effect on me. Took me over 1 hour to make the above. This is my first computer i owned and fist internet site I ever belong too. Must type in the notepad wife tell me to do then copy onto the site and ask the above questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please help.
Thank you.
Sounds like a tough situation, but in future, might be best to stick to the technical stuff and avoid the back story. Having to read a wall of text can be off-putting for some people.

In regards to your points,
1) Navigation/Maps is always an add-on from the dealership, so unless it was negotiated in during the contract, you will either need to pay the cash, or look around the forums here to see if there are any tips on activating maps. Search bar can help here.

3) If you have an old cell phone, maybe get a navigation app running on there and a car mount, should be much cheaper than what the dealership is offering.

5) If you notice a fault with the car after a service or any work the dealership has done, inform them about it, don't look to fix it yourself first before they have seen it. It might have been a genuine error on their half.

6) To get maps to work you can purchase a Mazda SD card. There are possibly other methods as well, searching the forums as mentioned before should aid with this.

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much areku for your response.
As i stated earlier this is my first site i ever join on the internet and i did read all the rules of this site before i made my first posting.
I will stick to the technical stuff as you mentioned how ever the back story is what is hurting my wife and i.

We could of purchased a fully loaded GM Cruze LT Turbo with Onstar and not had the present problem with the additional cost of having to buy a very expensive SD Card for the navigation but the wife wanted the Mazda3.

I did read a posting on this site, It also says that I don't have permission to view the page.
I think it was about that you can buy new blank SD card then some how put the Navigation information on it by your own computer, but further in the posting the link says it was taken down.

areku nice to get to know you and appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
download map ISO from here BHP1 66 EZ1C

burn it on class 10 SDCARD 8 or more Gb

read this post on how to patch https://github.com/diorcety/mazda3/wiki/NNG-CID-patching

this ISO Map CID 5D5342202020202001207B847900F500
Very much appreciated wife and i both thank you.
As i mentioned earlier this is my first computer and also the first internet site we ever belong too.
I will have to find some one to do this for us to go buy the type of card above, then have person read the directions as you provided and i will pay them for doing so.
championway i hope it works, and if it does, i will have to send you a present in the mail to show wife and i appreciation for your help :wink2::smile2::smile2:
Thank you very very much!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Very much appreciated wife and i both thank you.
As i mentioned earlier this is my first computer and also the first internet site we ever belong too.
I will have to find some one to do this for us to go buy the type of card above, then have person read the directions as you provided and i will pay them for doing so.
championway i hope it works, and if it does, i will have to send you a present in the mail to show wife and i appreciation for your help :wink2::smile2::smile2:
Thank you very very much!
you need to check which version now you have installed on your CMU, if the dealer update it to the last version then right now no hack..

BTW: thx for yours PM which right now i cant answer or write PM .. any way i am here only to learn and to help if i do know some things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
you need to check which version now you have installed on your CMU, if the dealer update it to the last version then right now no hack..

BTW: thx for yours PM which right now i cant answer or write PM .. any way i am here only to learn and to help if i do know some things.
The invoice Bill from Dealership we pay just say update the Infotainment System price was $40.00 for that. I do not know what a CMU is or if it has anything to do with updating the Infotainment System.
Wife and i both asked the dealer service guy about the radio/Bluetooth/maps-navigation, then all he told my wife and i was the Infotainment System needed to be upgraded at cost $40.00, we say yes do please, we tried to get maps navigation working and still could not. Wife went back into the building and asked if he could fix it again because maps navigation was still not working and he then said :oops:we must need a SD card. He look for the SD card and further said :Na_Na_Na_Na 1: it will be $499. We said :no: to that. When we left i wanted so bad to be able to get up and out of the car by my self and go :nutkick 1:him, but i am not able to do that at all, so we went home.
I failed to mention above in first posting between 2.) & 3.) that he did not actually tell us about we have no SD Card until after the fact of taking the $40.00. Not a nice person at all!!
I will now have to read on this site what is CMU.
Thank you much championway.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wife went back into the building and asked if he could fix it again because maps navigation was still not working and he then said :oops:we must need a SD card. He look for the SD card and further said :Na_Na_Na_Na 1: it will be $499. ......I failed to mention above in first posting between 2.) & 3.) that he did not actually tell us about we have no SD Card until after the fact of taking the $40.00. Not a nice person at all!!
I will now have to read on this site what is CMU
Infotainment System he updated are the CMU. this matter bring in my mind theory how bad this guy .. why !!
1-one of the MOST procedure before update CMU he should take out the SdCard out from the system. so he should know that no card there if it was realy no card in car. it may he took it out and didnt put it back to play this game to sell it again after he learned both of you with Zero information on this unit..

if there no map sdcard in unit and you press Navigation NNG system will give error no maps installed. !!! or i am wrong if some one read to correct me..

anyway,, sue him at Mazda US and police too, as he take out the card and want to sale it back to you... the rest up to you if you remember what Infotainment System acting when you press on Navigation before?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
UP-DATE TO THIS THREAD

Infotainment System he updated are the CMU. this matter bring in my mind theory how bad this guy .. why !!
1-one of the MOST procedure before update CMU he should take out the SdCard out from the system. so he should know that no card there if it was realy no card in car. it may he took it out and didnt put it back to play this game to sell it again after he learned both of you with Zero information on this unit..

if there no map sdcard in unit and you press Navigation NNG system will give error no maps installed. !!! or i am wrong if some one read to correct me..

anyway,, sue him at Mazda US and police too, as he take out the card and want to sale it back to you... the rest up to you if you remember what Infotainment System acting when you press on Navigation before?
wife & I ended up complaining to the owner of the dealership.
the owner gave us a break on the price of the SD Card charging us $345.00 including programing the of the SD Card.
all worked very well when done
we have had 2 deaths in our immediate family since a week thereafter the above and I myself have been stuck in the hospital until early last week
wife has only driven the car a total of 5 times since we have owned it and has driven a total of 321 klms
she went to start the car last week just to charge the battery
she turns on the radio and checks to find out if the navigation still works
the radio now has a constant beep sound occurring, the on screen display jumps erratically to the point where as she can not use any settings by touch nor by using the controller knob on the console
P.S. as described in first post of this thread >>>(the screen on the dash flickers again rapidly when tried to reset the time,radio stations and other functions to the point where as it is all most impossible to set any features mentioned herein because the flickering of the screen is to fast)<<<!

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you could have always bought it on ebay for under $100. I bought mine off of there about 3 months ago and have never had an issue with it. It was a quarter of the price the dealer was charging. Just have to be careful to make sure you are buying "new" and that if it didnt work that you could return it. here is a link for one Latest 2017 MAZDA Navigation SD Card Update BHP1 66 EZ1F 3 6 CX-3 CX-5 CX-9 MX-5 | eBay
When a person purchases a new OEM SD card from a Canadian Mazda Dealer do they being Mazda or Navtech/Here not give the person (3) years of Free Up-Dates??

·
Registered
158 Posts
When a person purchases a new OEM SD card from a Canadian Mazda Dealer do they being Mazda or Navtech/Here not give the person (3) years of Free Up-Dates??
Not that I am aware of, The maps get updated through the Mazda toolbox with an SD card reader on your computer. There was a recent update that i did at my house, no need for the dealer to do this. Here is the link to the webpage where you can download the toolbox and update at home:

https://mazda-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

·
Registered
306 Posts
wife & I ended up complaining to the owner of the dealership.
the owner gave us a break on the price of the SD Card charging us $345.00 including programing the of the SD Card.!
sorry i answer yours message so late as i now often to logging here... as i has sold my MAZDA and will never buy it again,,,, ( this my decision with out need to write why ) so other can enjoy drive it more..!
this are one of high claim point with LCD, its had Nylon cover, its glued with sensor folio... any wet weather or humid condition can accuse huge problem to make system play crazy alone ..
there are in market alcohol spray cleaner of 95% or above, i recommend to use this.. if the environments were humid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wish I had seen this before you paid $345.00 for an S D card. I recently purchased one from Amazon for $98 including shipping, works great. The same one with Mazda emblem, brand new as from dealer. You don't have to program them, just pop it in. Takes two seconds. The dealer lied and ripped you off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts