2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently switched to an Android phone and it seems like Connect doesn't recognize the music folder system of the phone (displaying artists, albums, ect.). I am using Google Play Music so this is probably because GPM is not integrated into the OS? Has anyone come up with a solution for this? An Android music app that Connect will recognize? Or perhaps a tweak that will tell Connect to look in Google Plays folder system for music?

To be clear, playing music through bluetooth is fine, I just can't use Connect to select anything other than play, next, previous, settings, and music sources.

·
Horses!
80 Posts
my dealer told me it is picky and doesn't work with certain android phones. Didn't work with my htc m8 (gpe), however he claimed he's seen some customers with other android phones, which were synced correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Most Android phones do not show music library because Android by itself doesn't support 1.4 version of Bluetooth AVRCP protocol required to transmit that data (by default, Android supports AVRCP 1.3). iPhones and a few Android phones (I think new Samsungs?) do support AVRCP 1.5 and will let you browse music (but I think only if you use the builtin player, not GPM).

Sadly there's nothing much you can do :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the new HTC 10 so there isn't a whole lot of info on what version of AVRCP it has. Maybe I'll contact HTC and ask :smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts