2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed there is no safety pull handle inside my trunk.
Sedan.
Where is the emergency pull handle located in our cars trunk please ?
Tnanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The inside trunk release lever is located on the inside of the trunk lid. Page 3-27 of the 2014 Mazda 3 OM.
Thanks
My OM is not in English and page 3-27 shows the steering wheel adjustment :)
I had a look at the english pdf.
Actually from their sketch its hard to understand where it is exactly and if it is a pull latch thing..?
Im wondering because i think i spot the place where its supposed to be I can even the a small lever inside the carpet.. I'm guessing i'm missing the pull thingy for some aggravating reason.
New car and it takes time to notice this and that.. now they're gonna say i tore it out or something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just looked at the UK version of the manual, no indication of an emergency trunk release lever either..
any European owners around please or UK in particular to verify our EU cars are naked of this important feature?
Appreciate the info

·
Registered
18 Posts
Norwegian owner here. Just checked the manual. No mention of opening from the inside in the chapters about opening/closing/locking/using the boot, the rear folding seats, and doors in general. There are however warnings about not having people, children especially, playing around in the boot "as they may become trapped".

Can't say I've seen any latches in the boot of my hatchback either...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so very much for the reply.
Its so weird since I can see the place in the boot liner where the latch should be. the lever for this function is in there... just no actual latch.. I'll try to post a picture..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts