2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around a bit and didn't see this mentioned, so ...

The car is '15 iGT. The phone is iPhone 5s on iOS 7.1.2. I am getting music over bluetooth no problem. But, the album art never shows up - all I have is a blank square. What's probably worse, is that the music time progress info does not show up either - for instance, if a song is 3min long, I can never tell how much time is left for the song.

Same problems on infotainment v31, got it updated to v33 at a dealership, and ... same problems still there.

Does anyone else have these issues? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I searched around a bit and didn't see this mentioned, so ...

The car is '15 iGT. The phone is iPhone 5s on iOS 7.1.2. I am getting music over bluetooth no problem. But, the album art never shows up - all I have is a blank square. What's probably worse, is that the music time progress info does not show up either - for instance, if a song is 3min long, I can never tell how much time is left for the song.

Same problems on infotainment v31, got it updated to v33 at a dealership, and ... same problems still there.

Does anyone else have these issues? Is there a fix?

For me, it just depends on the service. I primarily use Google Music and I get the progress bar, but not the album art. I've tried a few different services and not all of them show the progress bar.

I also think the album art square is always displayed, whether or not the system is designed to pull anything to display.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Source files are all local on the iPhone. The mp3 files all contain album arts.

Not being able to see progress bar is a bigger problem, especially when I listen to podcasts (downloaded to the phone and played from the Apple Podcast app). I remember quite clearly having progress info when I test drove the car. Maybe that's over USB connection?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've used the iphone 5 on v29 and v33 and Bluetooth has never had album art or progress bar. I don't know if other phones have set and progress bar over Bluetooth but I can tell you that you'll only get it when using usb with the iphone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just an idea... does it depend if the album art is encoded into the MP3 or a separate file within the folder? I know that Apple like to have a separate album art file whereas I tend to encode mine into the MP3s. It may be the difference?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used the iphone 5 on v29 and v33 and Bluetooth has never had album art or progress bar. I don't know if other phones have set and progress bar over Bluetooth but I can tell you that you'll only get it when using usb with the iphone.
Thanks. Now I know at least I am not alone :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unfortunately it's a Bluetooth audio technology limitation, not an issue with our cars, so it can't really be "fixed" unless a new bluetooth spec comes out. It's hard to find an exact source online, but even a quick google search for "album art over bluetooth" will show that you can't get the album art on any make/model of car with Bluetooth :sad 1:

The only ways to see album art are to hook up your phone via USB or use the infotainment's Pandora app (which uses a different bluetooth protocol that requires the Pandora app on both your phone and the car).

Not sure about the progress bar though... haven't dug that deep into it yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unfortunately it's a Bluetooth audio technology limitation, not an issue with our cars, so it can't really be "fixed" unless a new bluetooth spec comes out. It's hard to find an exact source online, but even a quick google search for "album art over bluetooth" will show that you can't get the album art on any make/model of car with Bluetooth :sad 1:

The only ways to see album art are to hook up your phone via USB or use the infotainment's Pandora app (which uses a different bluetooth protocol that requires the Pandora app on both your phone and the car).

Not sure about the progress bar though... haven't dug that deep into it yet.
This is exactly right, I am finding if plug my (carrier deactivated - previously benched) iPhone 3Gs into USB for audio (basically as an iPod) and let my current (ATT carrier activated) iPhone 5 connect via BT, I can use the iPhone 5 for calls and running Pandora. This way album art is available (V33) from the USB apple device (iPhone 3Gs in this case) and from Pandora (via iPhone 5 BT). One downside is spaghetti of apple cords which I need to tidy up somehow.:thumbup1 1:

When I try to do this with just one phone (the iPhone 5) there is a hang up when switching to audio from Pandora--Infotainment gets stuck on Pandora and won't go to the audio files unless I close out Pandora on the phone and start a song in the Music App and/or restart the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm on na v33 and I'm not getting artwork on bluetooth and the car pandora. I also dont have any progression bar either...Am I suppose to have album artwork for pandora at least?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts