2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently got into the the Mazda family. I'm not familiar with any Mazda people around the Cincinnati area.

heres a few picts of my car so if any of you see me out say whats up. plus i think it would be cool to have a cincy mazda group.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have recently got into the the Mazda family. I'm not familiar with any Mazda people around the Cincinnati area.

heres a few picts of my car so if any of you see me out say whats up. plus i think it would be cool to have a cincy mazda group.

Good lord, why have I never seen this beast out in NKY? We'll done sir! I'm down for a cincy mazda group. How many people bought from Kerry mazda in Florence?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good lord, why have I never seen this beast out in NKY? We'll done sir! I'm down for a cincy mazda group. How many people bought from Kerry mazda in Florence?

I'm actually one of the techs out at kerry, i see a few midwest mazda stickers on cars that come in there, but they're usually on stock cars with plasti dipped wheels. i know most of the rx8 guys around nky because I'm labeled the rotary tech there and do 99% of the engines out there

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice man! Those are some big shoes to fill. Lol I bought mine in November from Kerry, not gonna lie the buying process sucked. But service has always been awesome! You might have seen or worked on my 3, I brought it in for a second gear grind.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice man! Those are some big shoes to fill. Lol I bought mine in November from Kerry, not gonna lie the buying process sucked. But service has always been awesome! You might have seen or worked on my 3, I brought it in for a second gear grind.

yeah our sales service sucks pretty bad, I'm not sure if i have looked at it up there, i bought mine in july and had it for 3k miles and had to put a new trans in it because kings had been into it and replaced 1st and second gears in it, the counter shaft, bearings and differential at 37k miles for the previous owner. but i guess they didn't set the preload on the bearings and all and it would grind into every gear and stick in first and not fully release, it was a nightmare

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah our sales service sucks pretty bad, I'm not sure if i have looked at it up there, i bought mine in july and had it for 3k miles and had to put a new trans in it because kings had been into it and replaced 1st and second gears in it, the counter shaft, bearings and differential at 37k miles for the previous owner. but i guess they didn't set the preload on the bearings and all and it would grind into every gear and stick in first and not fully release, it was a nightmare
Damn, shitty. Have you seen those types of issues with the skyactiv trans? What are you lowered on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, shitty. Have you seen those types of issues with the skyactiv trans? What are you lowered on?
theres minimal cases about them grinding into second or popping out of gear, but mazda won't warranty any of them unless we can duplicate it almost every time. thats the thing that sucks, but we have yet to get one in that we have had to pull the trans apart and replace gears or syncros in

·
Registered
71 Posts
theres minimal cases about them grinding into second or popping out of gear, but mazda won't warranty any of them unless we can duplicate it almost every time. thats the thing that sucks, but we have yet to get one in that we have had to pull the trans apart and replace gears or syncros in
Yeah the service advisor just told me that I have plenty of power train left so if it grinds everytime that would be when to bring it in.

I'm loving your stance what are you lowered on? And know anywhere I get my fenders rolled?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the service advisor just told me that I have plenty of power train left so if it grinds everytime that would be when to bring it in.

I'm loving your stance what are you lowered on? And know anywhere I get my fenders rolled?

I'm just on raceland coil overs, hell i ran with cut spring for the first few months i owned the car, but i got these to dial in the stance. but later down the road ill buy a good set of coils. i rolled mine myself, a guy that i know has a roller, but rarely lets anyone use it anymore cause the last guy to use his damaged it

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm just on raceland coil overs, hell i ran with cut spring for the first few months i owned the car, but i got these to dial in the stance. but later down the road ill buy a good set of coils. i rolled mine myself, a guy that i know has a roller, but rarely lets anyone use it anymore cause the last guy to use his damaged it
Lol glad you went the other way with the cut springs. I'm ordering BC's here soon. That sucks about your friends tools being damaged.

I would pay someone to do it cause I really don't want to buy a 170 roller from Eastwood and use it possibly one time. I tried to get my subie friends to split the cost with me but they aren't about that wide life I guess lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol glad you went the other way with the cut springs. I'm ordering BC's here soon. That sucks about your friends tools being damaged.

I would pay someone to do it cause I really don't want to buy a 170 roller from Eastwood and use it possibly one time. I tried to get my subie friends to split the cost with me but they aren't about that wide life I guess lol.

i think you can maybe get them from arts rental on rt.42, I'm not sure though so don't take my word for it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah I will! I'm not sure if I will need a pull I'm not looking to "lay frame" more that nice flush look. I will be running a 35 offset with an 8.75 width. 225 tires. What do you think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
you might see me driving around rte. 18 sometimes. i live in burlington. i don't drive mine alot anymore since i use my 2014 cx-5 for work and the 3 for weekends and evenings sometimes. i bought both my cars at wyler in eastgate. gave me better deals and lifetime 9.99 oil changes.

here's the 3

·
Registered
71 Posts
you might see me driving around rte. 18 sometimes. i live in burlington. i don't drive mine alot anymore since i use my 2014 cx-5 for work and the 3 for weekends and evenings sometimes. i bought both my cars at wyler in eastgate. gave me better deals and lifetime 9.99 oil changes.

here's the 3

Can't beat 10 dolla oil changes. Kerry madza gave me 1st year free. Graphite mica fo lyfe! Lol

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I get lifetime free oil changes from Kings Mazda :p

But no, I don't really know anyone with a modded 3 like that. I know 2 old classmates with stock skyactivs and my friends mom has a 2.5 sedan.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm running 8.5 +30 front with 215/35 and 9.5 +35 with 225/35

So checked with Arts rental and they don't have a fender roller...bummer. You sure your buddy wouldn't be down to make some extra cash? Lol if you can think of somehwere else I could get them rolled hit me up! I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts