2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of you know me already.. but anywho....

Name: Bill R
Location: Maryland from South Jersey (frequently at Jersey shorehouse and rents home)
Car: 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Touring in Winning Blue
Bought: Late February 2007 at Maple Shade Mazda, Turnersville/NJ (15690 miles on her)

First pics after taking delivery:

Pictures after installing Zoom Zoom overlay, Japanparts housing, Xenarc 7", and Walmart DVD player:

Pic after installing stock wing in May 2007:

Installed Sharkfin in June 2007

Installed modded XBOX with XBMC Media Center frontend

Got 35% tint done shortly after XBOX Install (August)

Recent update: COOLNAVI 700 Install

How the Coolnavi Comes out of the Dash:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Loving it! Is that a little custom blue light by the cigarette lighter on the last pic??

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! ... no that's the stock led light that came with the car. The camera setting I used for that picture left the shutter open to grab as much light as possible; that's the reason for the intense glow. The ring around the cig lighter used to light up too but that blew out :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
look sharp!!

where did u put the xbox under seat or in trunk?

i love the flip up screen in the dash, only looks good when u get it so it can hide away! good choice!

·
1,234 Posts
This will always be, hands down, my favorite Mazda3 color!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Broli said:
look sharp!!

where did u put the xbox under seat or in trunk?

i love the flip up screen in the dash, only looks good when u get it so it can hide away! good choice!
xbox went underneath the seat. I have to wait until someone can help me hardwire the xbox straight to the battery because the inverter i have can't handle the wattage thte xbox uses throuh the cig lighter. it has two wireless controllers to go along with it.

WhatItsLikeToBe3 said:
This will always be, hands down, my favorite Mazda3 color!
Trust me.... I looked everywhere for this car. I didn't go new with an 07 model because of it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Always loved Winning Blue since the first time I saw it on an RX-8. Sweet color!

S

·
0 Posts
you have the car that i wanted when i first wanted a 3... winning blue sedan w/ mtx!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stephanie said:
you have the car that i wanted when i first wanted a 3... winning blue sedan w/ mtx!
haha yeah two used Winning Blue sedan's were for sale, one in Lansdale PA and one in Turnersville NJ. Lansdale one got sold, so i was sad but looking back i'm glad I didn't get that one. it only had the 16" rims on it and was automatic, but did have the stock wing. The turnersville NJ one was just ideal.... just didn't have the stock wing which obviously i ended up getting later on thanks to ebay :)

AxelaSpeed said:
welcome bill!! car is looking good and one of the best navi's i've seen so far!! when you getting some rims!
I would love some rims soon....

here's the ones i was interested in:

or

·
Registered
16 Posts
NightRiderMZ3 said:
xbox went underneath the seat. I have to wait until someone can help me hardwire the xbox straight to the battery because the inverter i have can't handle the wattage thte xbox uses throuh the cig lighter. it has two wireless controllers to go along with it.
you want to hardwire the xbox to the battery? or just the inverter to the battery? they have stuff you can use to hook up a carpc to the battery directly at mp3car.com an informative board.

i haven't had problems with my xbox power and i have an inverter, but i dont plug it into the lighter, it is hard wired to the battery.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Broli said:
NightRiderMZ3 said:
you want to hardwire the xbox to the battery? or just the inverter to the battery? they have stuff you can use to hook up a carpc to the battery directly at mp3car.com an informative board.

i haven't had problems with my xbox power and i have an inverter, but i dont plug it into the lighter, it is hard wired to the battery.
yeah i already have the inverter which didn't cause any video issues as expected, so i'd like to keep that without havin to go with one of those power supplies you can find to have it directly connect to the vehicle. Do you have a writeup on how you did it? I'm hardly savy when it comes to this stuff.

·
1,234 Posts
This will always be my favorite Mazda3, hands down. Can I play your Xbox at the next meet?!

·
Registered
835 Posts
i now and for who knows how long have a 3 to look up to

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WhatItsLikeToBe3 said:
This will always be my favorite Mazda3, hands down. Can I play your Xbox at the next meet?!
damn are you serious?? i dont even have aftermarket rims! but thanks!

and yes you can play xbox in it. I am hoping to be chillin with Ant and Sean up there in two weekends while I help Sean with his coolnavi install. I would need assistance in connecting the power inverter directly to the battery, after that... xbox is all game!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts