2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a deposit on a MS3 tomorrow, but not sure if I really need to splurge for the Tech Pkg since there are good aftermarket options. Opinions and advice strongly welcomed!

Kevin
(soon to be proud daddy of first MS3)

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I like the in-dash CD changer, the better sound and the bluetooth..........the push-button ignition is a fancy nice to have.

But the Navigation is worthless imo. There u go.....just weigh it out and see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

Thank you very much...I'm leaning towards no tech and spending extra on extended warranty and my own Nav

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
the only reason to get it is the push button start sence that cant be added aftermarket.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The standard radio has bluetooth, and alot of people on here are dissapointed with the Bose stereo and have ended up replacing speakers anyway.

So the $2000 question is: How badly do you want a push button start?

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Thank you very much...I'm leaning towards no tech and spending extra on extended warranty and my own Nav
I think that's a smart choice.....I wish I'd done my research :crybaby 1:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Performance add-ons?

Great advice, thanks guys.

I called my dealer and he has a Red one coming in next week w/o Tech pkg, so I gave him a deposit over the phone to hold it.

Next question - any must haves on some performance add-ons to make more power?

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The standard radio has bluetooth, and alot of people on here are dissapointed with the Bose stereo and have ended up replacing speakers anyway.

So the $2000 question is: How badly do you want a push button start?
Well, when the zombies are chasing you and you are fumbling for your keys then it is worth $2000!:shocked:

I did not get the tech package. Nav is too small, keyless start, is it worth it? Most people hook up the ipod now and don't use CD's.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Nav being too small is not a problem at all.........the picture is crystal clear really, but the damn routes it takes drives me crazy. It just hates the freeway for some reason......and I've tried to look for maybe an avoidances option that might be causing this but with no luck. My Garmin was such a pleasure to use...sigh

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't have the tech package and I don't miss it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ummmm

I think the gps guides you away from the zombies! Remember 2012 is coming. :stupid:

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
lol

N

·
0 Posts
i think for $2000, it's not that much to add the options it includes. down the road it may be worth more than a non-tp?

but honestly the navi sucks, there are times i wish it was touch screen so i can see what's around me. using the arrow buttons to move around, doesn't work well. and it has some funky hiccups, such as sending me off the fwy just to get back on it...

which is why i'll be upgrading to a 7" double din Navi soon

·
Registered
699 Posts
if you can afford it i believe the tech is cool just for the advance key and push start.... i didnt want the stupid cell phone sized navi so i did not get the tech. wish they had just a moonroof/advance key package(push start) lol

·
new speed user
40 Posts
Its nice to have Tech-pack, but then you can definitely live without it, and happy still.

p.s. I did not have tech and i would rather invest that 2000 into the JPN version console...

·
Registered
177 Posts
So, I think if you do some internet pricing, you aren't really paying $2k for the package. You'd have to be computer illiterate to even bargain inside the dealership. Get a good quote that you can live with (with and w/o the tech package) and see where the numbers lay. I think I got a decent deal for mine with the Tech Package... I could be wrong, but I was okay with it.

If you can swing the tech package it makes the car feel a little more upscale than non tech package.

·
Registered
699 Posts
in the pacific north west i've seen 2010 tech packages go for 24k...... if you can find a car with the sidemarker lights on the mirrors then you know the car has been sitting there for awhile. Keep in mind that most Tech packages you will find will be on the GT models.... all containing leather. That actually was the deal breaker for me. I dont want leather with a dog and 4 year old in a car seat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I live in the economic ground zero of the second worst recession since the great depression, so I got mine a little cheaper than that with the tech package. lol. I'd suggest you come down here and get the deal I got if the best price you can find up there is $24k.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts