2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys, I drive about 80 miles a day just for work and i drive a guzzling 02 camry v6. So I'm looking for a hatch that saves gas, and the mazda hatch seems great. But i can't tell if this would be a great deal?

It would be a 2014 Mazda3 Hatch iGrand Touring with 47k @ 16k$.

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
Hi there guys, I drive about 80 miles a day just for work and i drive a guzzling 02 camry v6. So I'm looking for a hatch that saves gas, and the mazda hatch seems great. But i can't tell if this would be a great deal?

It would be a 2014 Mazda3 Hatch iGrand Touring with 47k @ 16k$.
$16K? For a bit more you might as well get a new one. 2014 Mazda 3iGTs with half that mileage are selling in my area for less. For $16k it better have 10k miles or less. At 50k miles $10K or so is good, $16K is ridiculous.
What sort of mileage are you getting with your current car? Keep in mind that in order to get really high mpg numbers with the 3 you need to travel a lot on the highway and keep your foot out of it. Around town and in stop and go traffic, 26 mpg is about what you'll see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just found a 2014 hatch with 49k for 10990$ gonna go take a look at it friday and hopefully i can possible get it down to 9 or 10k since im paying cash for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and my drive to work is all highway drive 75mph for 20 miles and 65mph for the next 20 miles, then back home. right now im getting around 320 miles on a full tank (35$ to fill from empty). hopefully i can go a little farther with this car. its my first time purchasing a car since my current one is a gift from family, so hopefully i can receive a bit of criticism on mistake i said or anything i should look for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts