2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I took my Mazda 3 BN to get some warranty work done, such as the electric motor in the drivers door mirror and the rear bumper bar RHS radar for the orange light in drivers mirror. They broke most of the clips holding the mirror cap on (they didn't mention that), so I took it back to have a new base and cap replaced and when replacing the radar, they put the bumper bar back on incorrectly, which I only noticed while I was washing it. I've had it with this dealership and I won't be taking it back to have the bumper refitted, again. I'll do that myself. I'm looking at doing whatever I can myself, such as servicing, brakes and the like. My first job is fitting a towbar while I have the bumper bar off to realign it. I still enjoy the car.
Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I guess you're locked down like the rest of us with plenty of time to do odd jobs in the garage. If you're fitting a towbar make sure the rest of the rear suspension is legal for towing- it will probably be more than just bolting a tongue and support to the bumper bar bolts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello from Sydney. We're also locked down but luckily I'm still going to work. I managed to fit the Towbar on the weekend as well as the plugin harness and all went well. I installed the Hayman Reese with a Ball Weight of 120 kg and Towbar rating of 1200 kg. It came in a kit with everything you need and is barely visible with the tongue removed. I won't be towing anywhere near that weight, so I think the suspension will be fine. On to the next job...??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts