2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am recovering Subaru Impreza sedan owner, non-turbo. I had one too many "mysterious" oil leaks that the dealership couldn't explain. After the 2nd time the oil disappeared, i decided it was better to sell it before the warranty ended. I got a liquid silver metallic 2010 MS3. I fell in love w/ the power, styling & handling at first test drive. The torque steer made me walk away though.

I slept on the idea of buying a MS3 a few more days, checked autotrader to see if any wrx' had dropped at least $2K in price for me to afford. Sadly, they did not. A 2nd test drive, & the realization that i could not afford a wrx, sold me on the MS3. i just wasn't completely sure i could live with the kind of torque steer i had never felt before, but i had never driven such a fwd beast before either. Thanks to the knowledgeable folks on this forum, i learned that i could correct some of that torque steer w/ motor mount inserts, which i just bought on Corksport. I also learned about & bought a CS stage II SRI w/ turbo inlet pipe, along w/ the air box. Yes, looking for a few easy mods to start w/ & desperately want to fix the torque steer & "wheel hop" that we have all encountered in 1st gear.

I bought an extended warranty when i bought the 2010, w/ 40K miles on it. I just wanted peace of mind, i guess. I am also learning that many of the mods i would like to make might void my warranty. What to do, what to do. Are there any other "must do" mods that don't require too much modification, or have i done the necessary already?

Thanks guys & gals! :)

Louxious

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello All,

I am recovering Subaru Impreza sedan owner, non-turbo. I had one too many "mysterious" oil leaks that the dealership couldn't explain. After the 2nd time the oil disappeared, i decided it was better to sell it before the warranty ended. I got a liquid silver metallic 2010 MS3. I fell in love w/ the power, styling & handling at first test drive. The torque steer made me walk away though.

I slept on the idea of buying a MS3 a few more days, checked autotrader to see if any wrx' had dropped at least $2K in price for me to afford. Sadly, they did not. A 2nd test drive, & the realization that i could not afford a wrx, sold me on the MS3. i just wasn't completely sure i could live with the kind of torque steer i had never felt before, but i had never driven such a fwd beast before either. Thanks to the knowledgeable folks on this forum, i learned that i could correct some of that torque steer w/ motor mount inserts, which i just bought on Corksport. I also learned about & bought a CS stage II SRI w/ turbo inlet pipe, along w/ the air box. Yes, looking for a few easy mods to start w/ & desperately want to fix the torque steer & "wheel hop" that we have all encountered in 1st gear.

I bought an extended warranty when i bought the 2010, w/ 40K miles on it. I just wanted peace of mind, i guess. I am also learning that many of the mods i would like to make might void my warranty. What to do, what to do. Are there any other "must do" mods that don't require too much modification, or have i done the necessary already?

Louxious
...by the way, considering a CS Axle Back Exhaust, $450, rather then go the whole catback exhaust route. I'm an "old" guy who likes speed, 40+, not a loud car that screams "mid-life" crisis ;)

I love a deep sounding rumble, looking for an axle back exhaust that can provide that sound. CS, Borla, Magnaflow, are just a few that i have heard of, but torn b/w the CS & the Borla, both around $450.

Thanks again!

Louxious

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Hello All,

Louxious
Welcome.

According to a dealership, sitting in your car they will try to tell you you voided your warranty but the magnuson moss warranty act requires them to prove that a modification that you made has caused a component to fail leading to your warranty claim. So really you are free to mod from what I see if you want to do light at first you are missing 2 things, solid shifter bushings and a Cobb accessport. The shifter bushings will work much better at connecting you with the car when you shift. The accessport is a must with any power modification. It allows you to tune the ecu for any parts you put on. If you put that Sri and TIP on without tune you will see minimal gains. With the AP you can go stage 1 tune and get really silly. The AP also allows you to see what is going on in your car's head air/fuel ratio, coolant temp, fuel pressure, blah blah.

So to sum up, the dealerships can eat a dick, buy shifter bushings and Cobb AP. good luck stopping with just those mods.

Welcome to the darkside.
Mwuahahahahahahahahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post some pics of the car! First before any of that you need to get an AP to start data logging and change the maps. Second you need a HPFP I'd recommend Autotech Internals. Reason is that any mod to this car will increase the fuel load and the stock pump cant keep up. Any mod you add would cause ZOOM ZOOM BOOM! So get those before anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback & the ok to get silly on the mods. I think i will be holding off on the Cobb Accessport, however, as it opens up a whole new world that i am not yet ready for (i.e., changing maps, data logging, etc). I realize that i won't get max effect from my SRI & TIP. I'll be happy with a respectable bump in HP & TQ. The only other mod i am intrstd in is the axle back exhaust, either CS or Borla (any thoughts on these would be great too).

Not doing the full exhaust mod, cause i don't want the other parents lookin' at me strange, ha!

Take care & thx again!

Louxious

Next mods:

Tint, 6000K HID, solid shifter bushings, & mudflaps :yes:

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback & the ok to get silly on the mods. I think i will be holding off on the Cobb Accessport, however, as it opens up a whole new world that i am not yet ready for (i.e., changing maps, data logging, etc). I realize that i won't get max effect from my SRI & TIP. I'll be happy with a respectable bump in HP & TQ. The only other mod i am intrstd in is the axle back exhaust, either CS or Borla (any thoughts on these would be great too).

Not doing the full exhaust mod, cause i don't want the other parents lookin' at me strange, ha!

Take care & thx again!

Louxious

Next mods:

Tint, 6000K HID, solid shifter bushings, & mudflaps :yes:
Gains from an Sri without a tune are very minimal. Mine may have gained a little up top. I still say get a resonator delete. Sounds really good. Very similar to an axle back. Just my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts