2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey caught a rock in her 2017 CX-5 Touring (same window sensors as M3 for rain/night etc...). Replacement cost $999+tax (and we don't have glass coverage).:surprise:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Damn! Sorry to hear that! That's top dollar for a replacement mirror, will it be OEM at least?

Here in Israel windshield coverage is only included if you purchase the "Third Party" insurance plan, which results in eventually paying an expensive plan throughout the entire year...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I made sure to add glass insurance to my car because of those sensors and I think it added $4 a month. Sorry you have to pay that...rocks suck.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$500 deductible:frown2:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Higher the deductible, lower the monthly.
Never had to replace a windshield in 40 yrs of driving (at least not without a crash).

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,066 Posts
My new 3 has picked up several small chips already.

It doesn't take much to leave a mark it would appear.
CK

Reactions: Kiyoskia

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmm. My 2014 CX-5, got cracked. I have all the sensors and it cost about $422.65 total through SafeLite. Who did you go through, the dealer???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm. My 2014 CX-5, got cracked. I have all the sensors and it cost about $422.65 total through SafeLite. Who did you go through, the dealer???
Was it an OEM windshield though? I'm not doubting the price difference, but when I needed one replaced on another car I owned, SafeLite also initially offered me a replacement (with sensors and whatnot) for about 60% of the price of an OEM one. Luckily, in my state insurance is required to cover damage to windshields (though I did have to pay the price difference between the aftermarket and OEM part).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Was it an OEM windshield though? I'm not doubting the price difference, but when I needed one replaced on another car I owned, SafeLite also initially offered me a replacement (with sensors and whatnot) for about 60% of the price of an OEM one. Luckily, in my state insurance is required to cover damage to windshields (though I did have to pay the price difference between the aftermarket and OEM part).

I'm glad to be in FL, but I'll be fine to pay the difference to get an OEM windshield.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer refers to SafeLite.:surrender:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I sorry about your experience. My wife's windshield cracked a couple of years ago. It was a cold night, had the defogger on and it cracked across the bottom of the windshield. It was also a month before her car needed to be inspected and it wouldn't pass with a crack in the windshield. That was also when I found out that State Farm covers the glass in their comprehensive coverage, but out deductible was $250 at the time and it was going to be $240 to replace the windshield. I then found out that I could drop the comprehensive deductible down to $0 and I also dropped the collision down the $250 (that was as low as I could make it) and my bill only went up about $50 every 6 months. Now, we shouldn't need to pay for another window in our cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No it wasn't OEM, so I guess $1K for OEM makes sense, but really though, it's not necessary if you're paying out of pocket. The glass from SafeLite I got is perfect, the sensor area stuff that was preinstalled on the Glass was perfect too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts