2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife asked me what i wanted for bday - threw out "wheels but can be pricey" but she gave the go ahead and asked for a link. Very grateful!

I mainly wanted to lose some weight, while looking cooler than stock and trying to not look overtly modified or blingy. Was torn between gun metal and stockish looking silver paint but in the end the gun metal was cheaper so it made the decision easier....I was worried the car would look way off with different wheels, especially with the kodo styling, but once i saw them mounted my fears were alleviated...love the way it looks...

These are 20lbs vs the stock 26.8lbs, so looking at over 27lbs total unsprung rotational weight savings. Early impressions are good...not any huge difference, but car does feel a bit lighter on it's feet. You do feel the road more, which some would call a negative, due to less dampening from heavy wheels. I will check out acceleration later to see if this has made any difference at all.

My stock 18's are for sale locally (Southeast VA)

Link for wheels....
Enkei EKM3
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...electedRear=null&wheelFinish=Gunmetal+Painted

·
Mazda n00b
39 Posts
Thanks!!

Forgot to mention as FYI for others...the TPM system was a non issue. Apparently runs off ABS sensors so no need to swap anything.
Really?!?
No TPMS in the valve stems? That's good to know.

Wheels look pretty slick on there, too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?!?
No TPMS in the valve stems? That's good to know.

Wheels look pretty slick on there, too.
Thanks...yeah surprised me too. When I bought the tires awhile back, that shop bitched about my fix a flat when I warned them I'd used it, so was under the impression they were on stems too.

Then asked the shop my wife setup (local Firestone) about swapping them and their system said "standard valve stems". He said if they were in there, would be few bucks per wheel to convert...cheap. When I picked it up, he confirmed the stems were just basic valve stems and my TPM light has not come on....so far so good.

Just took a run about, think it might be a bit easier to spin the wheels....had quite a lengthy spin in 2nd, usually 2nd just chirped :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Broken pics, pls update :)
Thank you sir - not sure what happened there, using Amazon prime photos after photobucket decided to go all premium.

Loving these wheels...getting lots of compliments, a few of which seem to imply that the car in general is more expensive than it is. What a great looking compact family car the Mazda 3 is.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size tires are you running?
Stock size - same tires that were on the stock rims I just had them transferred over...215 18" forget aspect ratio but again it's stock. I need to slap some tireshine on those suckers, now that i think about it.

My mind is starting to wander into the "maybe i should lower the car and inch" territory...i'm already tumbling down the modding slippery slope at this point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've gone ahead and ordered the racing beat springs - their very slight drop fits my needs...should look and handle just a bit more aggressively. might add a couple 5mm spacers in the back, thank to @Chazzy J for the idea on that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts