2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2015 Mazda 3 isport. I was so excited. I made the mistake of looking at a lot of cars so when I decided I thought this model has a back up camera. I could if I have to I decided to live with it. Then while moving around the infotainment screen it would hang. After a few minutes it would release. After I added my iPhone to devices and we shuffled songs on my iPhone. It played. Then the song hung on the screen and it won’t play through the car. The iPhone screen still shows that it’s playing but it won’t go through my car. We love our music and audio books so this is very disappointing.
1)Does anyone have any suggestions?
2)I’m new to Mazda 3 ownership (had a Miata 20 years ago),
-How much does it cost to have a Mazda dealer update your software?
-Would that fix that? I have chronic health problems so doing it myself is not an option.
3)Will resetting it by the three buttons pushed mentioned in a previous post fix it?
4) How about resetting it to factory defaults? Would that work? Is that a good thing or nightmare.

I’m pretty discouraged right now so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My two cents...

The current version in the US is 70.00.100. There were significant performance and enhancement updates made since 55 so that should/could resolve some most of your lagging/freezing issues.

Personally, I don't use my phone for music...I keep a USB plugged in to the car full time with all my music. I find it more convenient than having to plug my phone in just for music.

Don't know the cost a dealer may charge just to update the firmware, but if you do take your car into Mazda for any other service or regular, they would update the firmware as part of the service...just make sure to remind as they don't always do it automatically or remember.

Yes, doing a factory reset of the system could resolve some of your issues but an update to the latest firmware will probably do more to resolve your issues.

Caveat: Updating the system yourself is not labor intensive...it's a matter of sitting in your car for 45 minutes or so while it updates as you really should not leave your car during the update. However, if you do read further on how to do yourself, be mindful there are a couple of very key points in the process in order to avoid "bricking" your system and ending up with a black screen which can't be fixed without replacing the CMU.

Don't be discouraged. Updating the firmware should fix your problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts