2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have only been a Mazda fan a little over a year so there is much I do not know. But it seems to me that what Mazda does do, it tries to do well and unique.

Well, I think that may the case with Android Auto.

Went to the dealer yesterday and he said last week they were all taken for a drive in a Mazda 2 with android auto installed. He said it worked great. He said it had a Siri/Bixbi type interface capability, that maps and photos and other components from the phone worked well with the Mazda consol and best of all he said it was a software upgrade to the existing console and most or all existing console would be able to have it installed.

He showed me the new navigation system and how it worked, which I was impressed, as an example of the quality and look of the new android system and how it would perform. He also said Android Auto was also integrated with the heads up display to give it more information.

He said some more things I cannot recall, but I personally have no doubts he was telling me the truth about it being installed on a Mazda 2, and that he personally was impressed with the quality and capabilities of the system.

So maybe it has taken so long because Mazda has been working on a quality product, and not just throwing just anything out there.

Maybe, just maybe 1st or second quarter next year our socks will be blown off.

Wanted to edit title for spelling, but guise not a option.

·
Working Class Hero
3,710 Posts
Promising news. Now, if they do that as a supported firmware update...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts