2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just purchased a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring with the moonroof and Bose package. I've already been exploring the forum and joined the many who's iPhone won't display song titles and info. Decided to root a friends nook tablet with a full version of Android and I got that to display song titles and info. Yay.

Anyways, I owned a 93' Miata when I was living outside of San Francisco but had to sell it for an 01' Jeep Grand Cherokee to move across country to Jacksonville, FL. Finally after 2 years of spending $80 to fill up, I traded it in for the new Mazda 3.

I've had it for 3 days and I already disassembled the center console, steering column, and both door panels in order to install LED strips on both door panels to a switch next to my traction control instrument panel to turn the lights on and off. Power is run from behind the cigarette lighter under the stereo.

Once it gets a bit darker here in Florida I will snap a few photos to show. They aren't super bright like many LED lights installed by the feet and under seats. I didn't want super bright lights to take away from the night driving, just soft ambient lights.

Here is the only photo so far of the far - and I do apologize, it was taken with Instagram. I am a web designer and photographer, so I network a lot through all the social sites.

Cheers!
Ryan

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum nice CWP sedan! Any plans for the future?

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Instagram username by chance? I also do a lot through social sites and my main one is Instagram.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum nice CWP sedan! Any plans for the future?
I hope to add some LED lights under where the fog lights would be, but still trying to figure out how I want to trigger them on and off - through a switch on the dash, wire them directly to the headlights, or order the fog light knob switch thing and wire it to that. Maybe painted rims, they are current the 16 inch alloy. Tint at some point to make the interior temp for comfortable.

Welcome to the Forum!

Instagram username by chance? I also do a lot through social sites and my main one is Instagram.
@imryanjay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts