2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Bought my 2011 Mazda3 hatchback in velocity red last November from my brother in law. He's done some mods to it already, and now that it's warming up I've started to look into doing my own improvements. I've never had a car that I've cared about before so I've never really paid attention or learned much about cars in general. There's a lot of things here that look exciting so I can't wait to jump in.

Right now the mods that my 3 has are very minor and the biggest things are lights. All lights have been replaced by high quality leds, blue footwell lighting has been added, the rear reflective strips were replaced with leds that signal and light with the brakes, an amp was added and speakers replaced with higher quality ones. The air intake was replaced with the corksport cold air intake, a corksport strut brace was added to the front, hood lifting struts and under hood leds have been added. Tint has been added to all windows, although I may be removing that due to new NYS inspection laws.

I just recently ordered Motegei wheels that are black with red to accent the color of the car. I want to continue with adding black, this weekend I plan to black out the emblems and chrome on the front of the car. My goal after that is to do a black vinyl wrap of the roof thanks to a post in the DIY area for inspiration there! I absolutely can't wait to do that.

I'll try to take some good photos and get posting real soon.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,437 Posts
What specs? Mazdaspeed...2.3L DOHC?
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,437 Posts
Oh.... whoops...car enthusiasm got in the way.

Welcome to the forum!

Please post questions and share some pics of your ride. ?
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,437 Posts
Cool. I hope she treats you well.
CK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts