2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Interesting, sent Mat a message to receive more info about this update.

Can you select 3 modes from 3 different files? Or you stick only to 1 mode which is updated to your current "Finished Tune" file depending what you want?

If It's really worth it I might try this.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
It's the cherry on top of the OV cake, guys! So sweet!!! Hats off & huge thanks to Mat! Imagine SprintBooster w/o the hardware & the cost!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting, sent Mat a message to receive more info about this update.

Can you select 3 modes from 3 different files? Or you stick only to 1 mode which is updated to your current "Finished Tune" file depending what you want?

If It's really worth it I might try this.
Let us know what he says please. I'm intrigued as well. Not sure how this will work if we purchased an existing tune that we used with our laptops for example.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Let us know what he says please. I'm intrigued as well. Not sure how this will work if we purchased an existing tune that we used with our laptops for example.
It's an add on to your tune. No logging needed. Uploads the same way.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am under the same understanding. I have the handheld and i am assuming and hoping that I will now have an additional 15 tunes. The original 5 but now each one will have the throttle update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's an add on to your tune. No logging needed. Uploads the same way.

So then it's a one time upload? For example, I upload the "race" version of my tune and that's it? No customization on the go if you don't have the handheld tuner?

I guess that's what you meant about being similar to SprintBooster but without the hardware.

I'm curious why we have to pay an additional $70 for this then if all it is is a simple tweak to my existing tune.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
So then it's a one time upload? For example, I upload the "race" version of my tune and that's it? No customization on the go if you don't have the handheld tuner?

I guess that's what you meant about being similar to SprintBooster but without the hardware.

I'm curious why we have to pay an additional $70 for this then if all it is is a simple tweak to my existing tune.
Yup. Just an upload on top of the tune & you're all set!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well he has to capitalize on development. I think he has to send multiple updated files as well.
I have not yet got an email saying mine was ready nor were there instructions but i figured i could wait 2 weeks before bugging anyone.

·
Registered
980 Posts
@Matt22, Did you get your updated file? I would like to read a solid review about this "add-on" before I plan to purchase the update. Also I'm not finished with my tune yet, so I might do it once the tune is over but only I know that it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
@Matt22, Did you get your updated file? I would like to read a solid review about this "add-on" before I plan to purchase the update. Also I'm not finished with my tune yet, so I might do it once the tune is over but only I know that it's worth it.
It's really worth it. Throttle response is much quicker, more linear. No, it won't add power & torque....these are from the tune. Again, it's just about 1/6 the cost of SprintBooster with practically same benefits. You'll reaĺly enjoy the car more.
Just give Mat some time....the guy is up to his neck with work. A very good problem.��

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been hearing great things about this upgrade from a friend with an auto 2.0 skyactiv. He said the throttle responds so much better than stock which really enhanced his existing OVT tune. He mentioned he's now been able to spin the tires in 1st and 2nd gear which didn't happen prior. I'm going to give it a try in the future- maybe after the harsh winter subsides lol.

·
Registered
980 Posts
As Per OV/Mat:

"You can select which, there is a 10% modification, 20% and 30% modification.

we send over 1 file with whichever the customer likes"

Hence, as per OV Website:

" 3 different modes

Street mode - enhancement across entire rev range "Sport" 10%

Race mode - enhancement across entire rev range "S-Sport" 20%

Track mode - enhancement across entire rev range "S-Sport+" 30%"

Which one do you thinks is the best recommended mode?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Coming from a miata, the 3's throttle response is like trying to get a cow to sprint 100m.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well I received today the 7th tune file from my unfinished tune with 25% throtte response and first impressions are....YES!!!....YES!!! AND YES!!!

Overall the car throttle response is just phenomenal. Testing the throttle response in 1st, 2nd and 3rd feels just fantastic, aggressive and responsive! Drove up to 180km in 4th gear, I could not believe it, it was so easy! Thanks to new tune file and the throttle response, the car pulls hard between the rpm's where the torque builds. Is not just a placebo effect it is actually happening on the engine and wheels, everything is quicker.

When driving in automatic it is the same story, a very big improvement over an existing OV Tune file and even bigger improvement from stock.

This makes the tune and the car feel completely different...WORTH IT! This is a MUST for everyone who did the OV TUNE! And wow OV has outdone himself here, Kudos to him, his work is just genius and deserves appreciation from the community.

As per Mat / OV when I asked what was the best mode for a daily driver for who those who are interested :

"20% is a good mode, but some people like 30%"

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Well I received today the 7th tune file from my unfinished tune with 25% throtte response and first impressions are....YES!!!....YES!!! AND YES!!!

Overall the car throttle response is just phenomenal. Testing the throttle response in 1st, 2nd and 3rd feels just fantastic, aggressive and responsive! Drove up to 180km in 4th gear, I could not believe it, it was so easy! Thanks to new tune file and the throttle response, the car pulls hard between the rpm's where the torque builds. Is not just a placebo effect it is actually happening on the engine and wheels, everything is quicker.

When driving in automatic it is the same story, a very big improvement over an existing OV Tune file and even bigger improvement from stock.

This makes the tune and the car feel completely different...WORTH IT! This is a MUST for everyone who did the OV TUNE! And wow OV has outdone himself here, Kudos to him, his work is just genius and deserves appreciation from the community.

As per Mat / OV when I asked what was the best mode for a daily driver for who those who are interested :

Told you.

·
Registered
89 Posts

I just got mine today on top of the header tune and it is a different car. Still refined but super nimble. 6th gear it still pulls! Spinning in 1st and 2nd, starting hooking in 3rd.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Coming from a miata, the 3's throttle response is like trying to get a cow to sprint 100m.

Incredibly worth it-coming from several wrx’s, my last being a 305whp Saabaru with a modified valvebody, this modification can be immediately felt. Doesn’t “add” any power per se, just feels lighter and near immediate throttle response-and torque steer

Reactions: minsanity
1 - 20 of 54 Posts