2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered a car back in December and it got finished in February.... And its delayed because Mazda is updating infotainment systems with new software. At delivery Ports because supposedly its more cost effective that way than having dealers do it.

Anyone know what the new update could be.

I ask if it was android auto but got told "no i dont think so."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a week-old 3 in the Netherlands and it seems I get none of the slowness in the startup and operation of the infotainment/navigation that people remark on pretty much everywhere. In fact, I think it's extremely responsive and quick (compared to my 2013 Volvo V40). My guess is that they have carved up and re-prioritized all the stuff they need to load, because while basic map view and music is up quick, it does take a while for less essential but heavy-dataload functions like voice commands and phonebook functions to get going. The slow infotainment was exactly one of the things I was dreading a bit. So if what I have now is because of this update, then that seems like a pretty big bump in user experience to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So with the new news of mazda finally putting carplay and android auto in cars. Do we think this software update delay for the infotainment system could be AA? Even though the said retrofit available in the fall?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts