2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a new SD Card with Maps of 2019 from eBay (unused, not coded to any vehicle). I removed my own card that have Maps from 2015 and inserted the new one. Unfortunatelly, MZD did recognized that SD Card is inserted, but then a message appeared "Invalid Card"
What I'm doing wrong? I thought that when I insert new card it will be automatically coded for my vehicle, yes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably not. I bought the car with it, it looks nobody bothered updating maps on that, and the 3-year period is expired now.
I didn't knew there is a patch. Should I use this patch, or just the card is bad ?

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
145 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi filmi, I figured out that the update will also be ended if I buy a new card, but I thought I can install new one as is, and just use it for couple of years, as mine is very old. I really don't need to update it regularly.
Also I found this card for 29 EUR, which is 4 times less than renew subscription, as I don't need updates for next couple of years it suffice me.
The problem is that when I insert new card it says "Invalid Card" and then I figured out that I probably cannot have more than one card "linked" to this vehicle. Luckily I made an image backup of the card before insert it into the car, and I can restore it now, since I inserted it, I found that one file "Do not delete.txt" has vanished even though the card failed to "link" to the car. (probably other files got deleted on the process, so I did restored it to original state, but it still does not work.

Any help on this will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm not a doctor, but I play one here on this website....The problem is Male Attention Disorder resulting in perceived short term euphoria resulting in wasted $$$ and time. This topic has been discussed so many times that hopefully now you will learn that Mazda3Revolution is a great resource tool with real world experience...not just a place to ask the same question 10 times. With the right search words/question, you would have found an answer to your question before you spent the time and money.

·
145 Posts
Show me the file structure on the new SD. Possible in the form of screenshots. Also check the "lock" slider on the card.
P.S. There is an unofficial way to update maps. It is much cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The MazdaToolbox app has always been a bit flakey but with a little persistence I was always able to update my pirated eBay SD card. The latest update makes the app even more flakey than before but I was finally able to successfully update it to the newest map release... which is still missing the subdivision around the corner from me even though it’s been built and occupied for over a year.

All that said, I really don’t recommend using Mazda’s in-house Nav system in these older 3s. They don’t have any connected services. It’s just a dumb map. Though, I do really love their available services display on upcoming highway exits.

I found installing the CarPlay/Android Auto Upgrade insanely easy using the drill method to avoid disassembling the center console. Hardware installation took less than a half hour... only because I basically had to take my dashboard apart twice because I’m an idiot. Thank God for YouTube because I’m a total novice with power tools and doing anything more to my car than putting gas in it. At just a little more than three times the cost of a pirated Nav SD card, it’s really worth the added hassle to have a free, real-time, always updated, connected navigation system available through our phones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Navi 3-year period is expired now.

How can I renew?
Where is that particular patch?

If I buy a new card how can the car accept it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Show me the file structure on the new SD. Possible in the form of screenshots. Also check the "lock" slider on the card.
P.S. There is an unofficial way to update maps. It is much cheaper.
"There is an unofficial way to update maps. It is much cheaper."

And what would be the way?

·
2018 mazda owner
21 Posts
Hi, I got a new SD Card with Maps of 2019 from eBay (unused, not coded to any vehicle). I removed my own card that have Maps from 2015 and inserted the new one. Unfortunatelly, MZD did recognized that SD Card is inserted, but then a message appeared "Invalid Card"
What I'm doing wrong? I thought that when I insert new card it will be automatically coded for my vehicle, yes?
That happened to me too. I ended up getting it from amazon and it worked fine. Not all sd cards will work in the mazda. Make sure you get the correct model number

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would suggest you check the the numbers on the card that matches for year of your car. I got one from ebay and had same problem. Apparently they send me 2019 instead my 2015 mazda 3 nav card.

·
145 Posts
No matter what year the new SD card, it should work anyway. Another thing is updating If the term for free updates is over the new SD card will not let you renew for 3 years again. To receive updates, you need to renew your subscription for another 3 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts