2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details:
The JBR Tru-Torsion Competition Rear Sway Bar is for the serious auto-x and road course enthusiast. This is the same bar being used in the JBR Sponsored #85 All Out Auto Motorsports Mazdaspeed 3 running in the IMSA Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge Series

Constructed out of 1.25"OD x .250 wall 4130 Chromoly tubing with thick solid steel arms. The JBR True Torsion Rear Sway Bar is TIG welded inside and out then the ends are capped. Powder coated for ultimate corrosion resistance. The 3-way adjustability allows you to fine tune the handling for the street, auto-x track or road course

The JBR Tru-Torsion.250 Sway Bar Kit Includes:
  • 1 Tru-Torsion.250 Rear Sway Bar
  • 2 Tru-Torsion Billet Brackets with Grease Fittings
  • 2 New Polyurethane Bushings
  • 4 Class 8.8 mounting bolts bolts
  • Installation Grease
  • Installation instructions are available in our support section
  • Shipping is free in the US & our Hassle Free Lifetime Warranty is included

Specifications Simulating 1" of body roll:
Stock Sway Bar setting:
MAZDASPEED 3 is 479 lbs/in
MAZDA 3 & 5 is 228 lbs/in

JBR Tru-Torsion 3-Way Adjustable Sway Bar Settings
Stiff setting is 1371 lbs/in
Stiffer Setting is 1596 lbs/in
Stiffest Setting is 2011 lbs/in

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Sorry, no Easter sale.
@finaldrive's 125 looked so good, I count help myself and I put in my order late last night. Early this morning I got notification it's already packed and ready for shipping. Fast and free shipping. That kids, is customer service. Thanks @jbarone. I can't wait to get it. Right thumb!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@finaldrive's 125 looked so good, I count help myself and I put in my order late last night. Early this morning I got notification it's already packed and ready for shipping. Fast and free shipping. That kids, is customer service. Thanks @jbarone. I can't wait to get it. Right thumb!
Let us know what you think after you get it installed!!

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Let us know what you think after you get it installed!!

Put the JBR 250 true torsion RSB in this morning. The brackets it comes with are real nice and beefy. It took a little more effort to put the brackets in due their size. A lot of clearance for the upper bolt is lost. I used a wobble socket and normal sized socket, as opposed to the deep impact socket, to tighten the upper bolts down. I cut off the open end of a 17mm ratcheting wrench and put it in a pipe to get the end link nut to the proper torque spec.

I have the RSB set to the middle option. The car feels better coming around corners and has significantly less body roll compared to the CS RSB Ver.2 I previously had. It's probably overkill for a daily driver and for someone that never AutoX, but because Racecar! I'm looking forward to seeing how it handles a cruise over the Mulholland Highway next weekend.

Here's pic to the JBR RSB vs a CS RSB Ver.2:

Here's a couple pics of my 17mm wrench and pipe:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
what is that little bolt with the cp on top of the bracket for?

Grease fitting.

Also referred to as a zerk fitting. A grease gun fits to it and make's for a non messy way of greasing the bushing.

Attachments

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Grease fitting.

Also referred to as a zerk fitting. A grease gun fits to it and make's for a non messy way of greasing the bushing.
Thats what I thought, I guess its just a matter of can you reach it without removing the bar all the way ( in my case I'd have to lower the sus again prolly)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts