2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
There may be a difference in the sound coming from a 2.0 and a 2.5. Just saying...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Would ultimate do custom work by extending the tips for a 2nd Gen sedan? I know the 2nd Gen speed3 exhaust will work but the the sedan is longer

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Feedback after having this muffler setup for a year...

Cabin noise is definitely noticeable, and rather annoying.

Rectified this by adding sound deadener to the underside of the body panels around the back hatch.

Has not caused any heating/warping issues with either the stock bumper or the OEM rear lip skirt.

7/10, would install again, but would deaden sooner.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Feedback after having this muffler setup for a year...

Cabin noise is definitely noticeable, and rather annoying.

Rectified this by adding sound deadener to the underside of the body panels around the back hatch.

Has not caused any heating/warping issues with either the stock bumper or the OEM rear lip skirt.

7/10, would install again, but would deaden sooner.
Do you think a Vibrant Res would help with the cabin noise?

·
Registered
136 Posts
How do you like it? I've pretty much exclusively ran borla on all my other cars but can't find any videos for the 2.5 mazda3.
I was debating between UR and borla. I am getting a borla on my 2.5 soon tho! I will let you know and post some videos. I also dont really know what its going to sound like.... heres to the name?

Reactions: Fastlane

·
Registered
108 Posts
The three or four owners here on the thread with the UR exhaust, would you guys mind posting a drive by clip? Have been on the edge of pulling the trigger, just need a drive by clip! Thank you in advance!

·
*The Electrician*
1,009 Posts
After hearing about another M3R members experience with corksport I am very seriously considering what the OP has from Ultimate racing. Being Im in Canada and Ultimate racing is also in Canada it would make shipping cheaper and easier. It also sounds more like what I prefer in my exhausts, a little more DB's than the rest. I have reached out to ultimate racing to see what the OP's setup would cost me including shipping. I also asked them if they would be willing to sell me just the muffler so my local exhaust shop could craft me a single exit version for cheaper than the dual exit version. Overall the exhaust done by the OP plus shipping here and install from my local exhaust shop its looking close to $1000CND which is not practical to me just for noise. Personally I don't want to spend more than $400CND for this. I know my local exhaust shop can craft me something similar for around that price possibly lower. I have had many exhausts done there on previous cars always come away happy with the exhaust tone and the cost/quality.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Super Moderator
6,870 Posts
The UR exhaust isn't all that loud, not unless you really get on it. Otherwise its fairly quiet, but the tone is very different than stock.

·
*The Electrician*
1,009 Posts
Well never heard back from Ultimate Racing, kinda disappointed. So I will have to let my exhaust guy figure out how to best do a custom axle back exhaust for me with his recommendation for either a muffler or resonator to replace the oem muffler. I will try to get it as close to the UR exhaust as possible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could someone compare how this sounds vs Borla? Like how much louder or quieter is it and does the sound go throughout the Rev range and which drones more? Overall which sounds the best cold, normal idle and during casual/hard acceleration?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,
I ordered the UR axle back last Friday. I will install it during the weekend if I receive the exhaust this week.
I will let the exhaust break in and after I will do some videos for you (rev, drive by, cabin noise, cold start)!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Loud3, can you take some pictures of where you added sound deadeners, Did you use dynamat? Which panels? I'm getting alot of drone in the cabin after installing the Ultimate racing axle back, and looking for a quick solution...

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Was able to message UR directly and get a small discount. Ordered it last night.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
I hope you like it. Mine still sounds and performs great. (y)
CK
Listened to plenty of videos on youtube with headphones on. Sounds nice and I heard this one will not cause much vibration, if anything at all, like the CorkSport one. Should ship next week. Now the wait...

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
933 Posts
61 - 80 of 82 Posts