2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Oshiguru @Loud3 any problems with the clamps that were supplied by UR? I've got mine on pretty tight by using plumbers tape to add some girth to the pipe however I can still rotate the tips and L pipe by hand if I use a lot of force. I'm thinking about bringing it in to a muffler shop for a quick tack weld. I've also just emailed UR about it.

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Just went out and tried on my exhaust and it doesn't move when I use a lot of force. I'm just weaker than you probably. If it makes a difference I have their titanium exhaust tips which weren't offered on their site for a while.

Reactions: MISTER3

·
Registered
150 Posts
just curious but you think they will ever make one for the 2.0L sedan or maybe this one could be modified to fit the sedan?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just went out and tried on my exhaust and it doesn't move when I use a lot of force. I'm just weaker than you probably. If it makes a difference I have their titanium exhaust tips which weren't offered on their site for a while.
Thanks for checking. I did eat my spinach today so who knows?
Going to wait to hear back from UR, but will probably bring to be welded for peace of mind.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol im curious as to this guys setup as some of his other videos it just looks like a straight pipe but it says ultimate racing axleback
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ln_WKB7_s
Mazda3 (2014+) Hatchback Performance Exhaust | Ultimate Racing It's an axle back. See the 4th picture. From his youtube comments I see he called UR and got it made up without the mufflers. If you're going to do that it'd be cheaper and faster to just go to a shop and have them make you something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm pretty happy with Ultimate Racing's customer service. They answered a lot of my questions prior to purchase and after I bought and installed the axle back they got back to me very quickly regarding the clamps not completely holding the piping in place. They requested pictures to submit to their technical team. I will give them the pictures as feedback, but decided to bring the axle back to a muffler shop for welding.

That sucker's not going anywhere now!

·
Registered
246 Posts
FINALLY.

After searching for a solution that gave me all of the custom options that I was looking for (angled tips, double walled rolled tips, titanium tips...) - I saw that Ultimate Racing just released their new Performance Muffler.

No option for a full cat-back currently, but any exhaust shop should be able to build you a heavier duty cat to axle pipe to match up.

Arrived

Installed and tucked close to the body

Sound Clip located HERE!
Do you know what tip option gets you the blue tips? I looked at their website and it doesnt say anything specific about that tip. Their picks show the standard tips but I want the blue ones like yours.

Mazda3 (2014+) Hatchback Performance Exhaust | Ultimate Racing

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you know what tip option gets you the blue tips? I looked at their website and it doesnt say anything specific about that tip. Their picks show the standard tips but I want the blue ones like yours.

Mazda3 (2014+) Hatchback Performance Exhaust | Ultimate Racing
Its not on their site. If I am not mistaken its an extra 150 for the Titanium Tips. Just email them for more info. They were out of stock when I emailed them at the beginning of the year.

Reactions: quidnatch

·
Registered
66 Posts
FINALLY.

After searching for a solution that gave me all of the custom options that I was looking for (angled tips, double walled rolled tips, titanium tips...) - I saw that Ultimate Racing just released their new Performance Muffler.

No option for a full cat-back currently, but any exhaust shop should be able to build you a heavier duty cat to axle pipe to match up.

Arrived

Installed and tucked close to the body

Sound Clip located HERE!
Out of the options they have on their site, is this the single walled tip or the rolled tip? Whats the difference between the two?

·
Registered
66 Posts
So anyone with this exhaust have any feedback on highway/freeway drone?
I can give you and everyone else my input since I recently installed mine. I have a 2.5L automatic for reference.

First, just putting on the axle back - from the outside it sounded good. I didn't think it was too loud at all. But from the inside oh man did I find it loud and vibrating in the ear drums. Thought I could live with it but within a day I took it to the shop to add a smaller resonator (probably some generic resonator). Also got a custom 2.5 inch mid pipe welded on right after the stock resonator.

Didn't notice anything different from the outside but from the inside it was still droning. Especially in sport mode when the revs are held longer. When you really step on it and let off the gas, the car (in sport mode) won't down downshift so it'll hold the gear at high rpms and as it slowly drops in revs thats where the drone kicks in badly in my opinion (note my foot is off the gas at this point - just letting the car slow itself down).

I wasn't looking for anything loud to begin with, just something to give more flow for when I do a tune. So I'm planning to take it to the shop again for get a better (larger and longer) resonator. I definitely wasn't expecting this result from just the axle back.

The product is good however, easy to install, tips are nice and big to fill out the cutouts. Just way too loud on the inside. From how loud it was on inside, you would think it would be really loud from the outside but its not, so something is off there.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions, pics request or sound clips. Sound clips will probably only be done after the larger resonator install since its too late to record right now (maybe tomorrow morning if I can set it up)

·
Registered
108 Posts
damn and i was sooooo ready to pull the trigger...:crying2: I have deleted my resonator and if its as loud as you say, i might not just do it. Could you post a drive by clip? maybe ill install the resonator again and another too lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would concur, '15 SGT with CS intake and Cat back, Just having the axle back it did drone, but I got the bug and finally installed the mid pipe. now its drones a lot more. I have had the whole setup on for maybe 3 weeks now and will give it a little more time. I might just go with the HKS setup if I cant handle the drone. ON the other hand when you get on it, it sounds great.

·
Super Moderator
6,870 Posts
So anyone with this exhaust have any feedback on highway/freeway drone?
I put this exhaust on my 16 2.0 this morning. Installation was a breeze. The only parts that need assembly are the tips. Total maybe 30 minutes to put it on.
So, I have to completely disagree with the above posts concerning noise. After installing the muffler, I fired the car up to take it off the ramps and.....it was unexpectedly quiet. Deep tone yes but the stock muffler seemed louder. Inside the car, the exhaust sound was barely noticeable. Even at speed its quiet inside. No drone, no buzzing, not raspy sounding at all. At 80 mph on the highway in 6th gear the wind noise almost completely drowns out the sound of the exhaust. Cruising down the street there is virtually no exhaust sound in the cabin.
Now this is not to say it does not get loud. It does, but only when its supposed to. Get on it hard and it sounds really good. As in dual exhaust TR3 good. You can hear it in the cabin but it is not unpleasant at all. :smile2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put this exhaust on my 16 2.0 this morning. Installation was a breeze. The only parts that need assembly are the tips. Total maybe 30 minutes to put it on.
So, I have to completely disagree with the above posts concerning noise. After installing the muffler, I fired the car up to take it off the ramps and.....it was unexpectedly quiet. Deep tone yes but the stock muffler seemed louder. Inside the car, the exhaust sound was barely noticeable. Even at speed its quiet inside. No drone, no buzzing, not raspy sounding at all. At 80 mph on the highway in 6th gear the wind noise almost completely drowns out the sound of the exhaust. Cruising down the street there is virtually no exhaust sound in the cabin.
Now this is not to say it does not get loud. It does, but only when its supposed to. Get on it hard and it sounds really good. As in dual exhaust TR3 good. You can hear it in the cabin but it is not unpleasant at all. :smile2:
Interesting that you thought it was quiet! Maybe I'll install mine again sometime in the summer to play around with it and test it out again, but I definitely thought it was loud. It sounded good after I had my second magna flow resonator installed but I found that it still might have been too loud for people in the back seat.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts