2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought an 07 hatch. It's got a 5 speed manual and 75k miles, is there any special maintenance that should be done to it?
I'll get some pictures up soon.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Vehicle Inspection by a mechanic

Basic stuff - Fluids - Brake, Transmission, Motor oil, Steering

Brake Pads
Cabin Filter - This can be gross

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Kindly check the records to see if maintenance is done right and on schedule following the owners manual. Nothing too special, just make sure engine oil and oil filter is changed regularly. There are lots of things that need to be inspected such as suspension, brakes, steering, and more. You could do it yourself or have a trusted mechanic help you out. Also, while you're at it, inspect and lubricate all the bushings and make sure your filters are clean (you might need to replace your fuel filter if it hasn't been done before).

Take care and drive safely!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you had a certified mechanic check the car out before you bought it. If not do it now before you dig a deep hole in your $$$$ fund. If regular preventative maintenance had been done by the previous owner you are in good shape. Happy motoring from Thailand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a mechanic, albeit a garage mechanic. I will get it checked by a mechanic next week, but aside from needing new tires, there really isn't much wrong with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, thanks for all the replies guys! I've got new rims off a Speed 3 that I'm going to get tires put on. Someone painted a spoke blue, so once they get on the car on Tuesday, I'll take a pic and show you. I'm hoping I'll like the look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, getting new tires. The MS3 rims will get 225/40-18 Barum Bravuris 3HM. Barum is partnered with Continental Tire, and I used the Bravuris before on my 04 Focus SVT with 225/45-17, and they performed rather well.
The stock 17" rims will get Nokian Hakkapeliita 7s in stock 205/50-17 size. From what I've read both here and elsewhere, Nokians are the kings of snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts