2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback last month, it came with a navi SD card. Unfortunately that expired by February 2017 and the previous owner didn't update the maps so I had 2014-15 maps with it.

So I purchased a new, original OEM SD card from eBay (yeah, I know, never trust eBay... But the seller told me it's generic, and to be honest by the looks it really looks like one). After inserting the card in, first I got a "licence expired or not original" message, than the navigation started nicely, I used it for a day. The "expired"message never appeard again after restarting the car. The maps on the new SD card are still 2015. But the seller assured me, that they are updateable with the Mazda Toolbox software.

After the one day driving, I took out the card, put it in a PC and used the Mazda Toolbox software. I logged in, and booom, it still said that my licence has expired in Febr. 2017, and even the date is the same, as in the old card.

What could be the problem? With the new card should I have used a new registration (email)? Or do the Mazda servers have a database with the car's VIN and if they got a navi registration, than it's over, you are stuck with that card?

Does anyone have experince with navi cards, is there a way I could use my new SD card and update it?

Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is a feature of navigation Mazda. You can't just buy a card, insert it and go with a new subscription for 3 years. The Car dealer lied to you, he card updated because your VIN is already on the server. If you want updates, then you will have to renew your subscription through the official website.
You bought a useless piece of plastic on 8GB. Sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts