2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the email to update but after installing and running the Mazda Update Toolbox it crashes every time after I enter my login info. Replied to the email but I don't have a lot of confidence it will be answered. Has it successfully worked for anyone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I downloaded the maps with no problem. I didn’t have enough bandwidth to do any work for the hour but that is one of the costs of working from home.

First test will be to see if they added Audi Field, a soccer stadium in DC that was not in the prior update despite opening in 2018. - Update: Audi Field is in the 2020 version.

In a few years we will talk about the days when manufacturers sold GPS systems like we can talk about the days of iPod cables, CDs, Cassettes, 8 Track and so on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got the email to update but after installing and running the Mazda Update Toolbox it crashes every time after I enter my login info. Replied to the email but I don't have a lot of confidence it will be answered. Has it successfully worked for anyone?
If you have any antivirus software, the Mazda Toolbox software might set off a false positive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have tried on two windows machines (windows 8, fully patched) and one Mac (up to date) and have not been successful. On the windows boxes I get a null exception pointer in some java code, and the Mac jsut says it cannot connect to the server.

So has anyone in North America been successful downloading the map update?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried on two windows machines (windows 8, fully patched) and one Mac (up to date) and have not been successful. On the windows boxes I get a null exception pointer in some java code, and the Mac jsut says it cannot connect to the server.

So has anyone in North America been successful downloading the map update?
I was getting the same error on a Windows 10 machine. I registered again with a different email and it immediately logged in and downloaded.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I tried re-registering with a different email account and that let me login and start the process. It is taking a very long time to download the file. The backup went fairly quick so I hope it is working now. And just FYI, I have decently fast internet - about 200 mips for download. Any speed issue is not on my end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The update finally finished - only took 45 minutes plus another 10 or so for the backup. But if I have to register a new email each time I update the maps, it is going to get tedious.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No one s
The update finally finished - only took 45 minutes plus another 10 or so for the backup. But if I have to register a new email each time I update the maps, it is going to get tedious.
No one said it would be easy. Took a heck of a lot longer for me. I am still amazed that they can fit a map of all the roads in the US on a file that can be downloaded in any amount of time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New update June 2020, but Toolbox continues to indicate that my navigation map is up to date.

There are more who also have this problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to reinsert my SDcard many times, unplugged card reader. Even though it showed up in explorer. Toolbox finally recognized it, but I can't tell you what made it work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts