2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to update to the 70.00.352 NA from 31.00.100A. When the USB is plugged into the car, it displays no new updates. Also after updating to 31 from 29, there is no more WiFi option under the device tab, only Bluetooth.
2014 Mazda 3 Sport GS

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Format the usb stick FAT32 and use a PC (no MAC). If you did, try another usb stick. Usually you should be able to update from 31.00.100 to 70.00.352 directly. Or check the checksum of .352 as described here or at the hi-drive-server... or download the .352 again (sometimes bit/bytes missing).

WiFi was disabled in North America with some firmware update - so its not a bug.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is a TSB with the changelog info about the 70.00.352 NA.

1. It mentions: "The latest version of MAZDA CONNECT software cannot be rolled back to an earlier version". Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone tried to roll back from .352 to another version?

2. And can you still install .352 over .352 (as you could with .335)?
I was able to downgrade to .335
This breaks access though. It ended up changing the CMU password I believe so even serial access while updating didn't help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Format the usb stick FAT32 and use a PC (no MAC). If you did, try another usb stick. Usually you should be able to update from 31.00.100 to 70.00.352 directly. Or check the checksum of .352 as described here or at the hi-drive-server... or download the .352 again (sometimes bit/bytes missing).

WiFi was disabled in North America with some firmware update - so its not a bug.
Tried it with another USB stick. It worked!

Much thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
Will dealerships have access to this? I have my regular service appointment next week and I was thinking of just letting them handle it. I updated my music database.. but that was a very simple process (although slow).
CK

·
Registered
61 Posts
They do have access to it but they don’t do the update automatically. If you ask them to do it, they’ll charge you for it, unless you’re still in warranty and complain about random navi restarts or other issues new sw might solve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased (still under warranty) a 2017 mazda 3 touring sedan and wanted to install the official Mazda oem Android auto with the kit. If i'm going to go down this route, already have the pdf and install instructions opened in other tabs, should I get the newly updated 70.00.352B instead of the 335? Would all the steps be the same just with a different more up to date download?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new 352B update doesn't have the failsafe and reinstall downloads, just the 352B download itself, just wanting to make sure before i brick my own car somehow lol

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
Just take it to the dealership. You have 3 years of free software updates..unless I'm mistaken.
CK

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
...should I get the newly updated 70.00.352B instead of the 335? Would all the steps be the same just with a different more up to date download?
Yes, the newer the less bugs, so I would recommend .352.

Steps should be the same for .352 as for .335. And the update procedure PDF is located in the same folder as the FW.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Official info for the update to .352 NA (like for the EU version):

"If the current software version is older than 55.00.650, update first to 70.00.100, then update to the latest version 70.00.352B."

Stick to this info, if you do not want to brick your CMU.

·
DougS
7 Posts
@DougS : I would recommend to delete your VIN in your post for security reasons. That info is not needed here & no one needs to know it.

Just for clarification: Most people speak of AIO tweaks, not patches. And 70.00.352 is a firmware (FW) update (ok, it might be a patch).

Yes, you can directly update from your FW 59.00.441 to FW 70.00.352. You do not have to have the new usb hub/cables installed to install/use any FW 70. Only if you want to use the official Mazda Android Auto/Apple CarPlay you have to install the new hardware.

No, you do not need to remove the AIO tweaks before you do the firmware update to FW 70.00.352. Assuming that FW 70.00.352 behaves like it`s predecessor FW 70.00.335, at the update to .352 all AIO tweaks will be deleted.

After the update to .352 you can not install AIO tweaks via USB anymore. If you want to do so, you have to do the serial access directly at/after the update. I assume that the serial access ID7v2 of .335 works also for .352. See www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for details (and www.mazdatweaks.com/serial for the old serial access). Only after the serial access ID7v2 you will be able to install AIO tweaks via USB again. But AIO Android Auto (AA) does not work with any FW 70. If you want to use AA with any FW 70, you have to buy & install the new hub/cables to use Mazda`s official AA.
I think that I'll stick with what I've got; especially since I can't use with AIO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for pointing out the obvious... We had a source who supplied us with the last release in the long thread which got deleted by some weird reason! Was Hoping someone out there can contribute for rest of us not so unfortunates...

·
Registered
1 Posts
For NA N (North America ONLY or cars with NA N Regions and in Screen Settings) there is a NEW Firmware Update...
70.00.352B_update.up

See my signature Below, PDF Install Instructions and Links are in LIME Green inside PDF.
They are the same Install Procedure as 335C

NO there is Zero Changelog for 352B NA N update..
NO we don't have 352B for Other Regions yet (EU N, 4A N)

NOW LIVE..
Just did the update and everything went perfect. I installed the new usb box and the two new cables. Hooked everything back up and now my commander button center push doesn’t work. I have a 2018 Mazda 3. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Connector not connected under the commander knob? At best check all connectors if they are connected thightly. (Disconnect and connect again).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts