2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For NA N (North America ONLY or cars with NA N Regions and in Screen Settings) there is a NEW Firmware Update...
70.00.352B_update.up

See my signature Below, PDF Install Instructions and Links are in LIME Green inside PDF.
They are the same Install Procedure as 335C

NO there is Zero Changelog for 352B NA N update..
NO we don't have 352B for Other Regions yet (EU N, 4A N)

NOW LIVE..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
70.00.352B NA N is now Live..

Have put it in with 335C Folder as I am not rewriting the .Pdf (and URL) yet until we have other Regions (EU N , 4A N).
Obviously 352B is now the latest Firmware for NA N to use and NOT 335C.
Checksum for NA N only has also been updated.

EDIT: CHANGELOG FOR 70.00.352B (NA N)
Here is the small changelog for 352B OVER 335C (see Changelog Full List in Server up to and including .335C).

Personally I believe there are a few more bug fixes than listed by Mazda below...
From V70.00.352B and later)
  • [Mazda 6 (US 2018-2019MY) (Mexico 2019-2020MY)] The center display turns to a black screen due to the back light of the display turning off. (Further improved over 335C)
  • [Mazda 6 (US 2018-2020MY)], [CX-5 (US 2019-2020MY)], [CX-9 (US 2019-2020MY)], [MX-5 (US 2019-2020MY) starting with JM1ND******308517 (built after Apr. 11, 2019)] When listening to SiriusXM radio, the sound turns off and the audio source changes to one of the others by itself, and the center display shows an error message such as “Sirius Channel Unavailable” or “Unable to Connect to SiriusXM Radio”.
Thanks to our NA suppliers...you know who you are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks...you always put in the work.

BTW: I've been out of the loop but would I be correct I can go from v55.00.760A to 70.00.352B? (obviously getting the hardware carplay kit)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes, you can directly update to the latest FW. Only if you would have been below FW 31, you would have to update to 31.00.100 first, before updating to the latest FW. All this info (and more) can be found in the AA/CP retrofit PDF linked in ASH8's signature.

·
DougS
7 Posts
For NA N (North America ONLY or cars with NA N Regions and in Screen Settings) there is a NEW Firmware Update...
70.00.352B_update.up

See my signature Below, PDF Install Instructions and Links are in LIME Green inside PDF.
They are the same Install Procedure as 335C

NO there is Zero Changelog for 352B NA N update..
NO we don't have 352B for Other Regions yet (EU N, 4A N)

NOW LIVE..
I have the latest AIO patches applied to my M3 (59.00.441 NA N - VIN=JM1BM1N39G1348731). Do they need to be removed first before applying this patch (the AIO site makes no mention of version 70, so it may not be supported)? Should this patch be applied without the H/W upgrade suggested by Mazda? Is it okay to apply the firmware on this VIN?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
@DougS : I would recommend to delete your VIN in your post for security reasons. That info is not needed here & no one needs to know it.

Just for clarification: Most people speak of AIO tweaks, not patches. And 70.00.352 is a firmware (FW) update (ok, it might be a patch).

Yes, you can directly update from your FW 59.00.441 to FW 70.00.352. You do not have to have the new usb hub/cables installed to install/use any FW 70. Only if you want to use the official Mazda Android Auto/Apple CarPlay you have to install the new hardware.

No, you do not need to remove the AIO tweaks before you do the firmware update to FW 70.00.352. Assuming that FW 70.00.352 behaves like it`s predecessor FW 70.00.335, at the update to .352 all AIO tweaks will be deleted.

After the update to .352 you can not install AIO tweaks via USB anymore. If you want to do so, you have to do the serial access directly at/after the update. I assume that the serial access ID7v2 of .335 works also for .352. See www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for details (and www.mazdatweaks.com/serial for the old serial access). Only after the serial access ID7v2 you will be able to install AIO tweaks via USB again. But AIO Android Auto (AA) does not work with any FW 70. If you want to use AA with any FW 70, you have to buy & install the new hub/cables to use Mazda`s official AA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok I'm a owner of a 2019 CX-5 Signature that I just took delivery on 12/31. As you know, the signature is the highest trim level of the CX-5. So I already have CP/AA installed. Reading through the PDF's for this update it's my understanding that these directions are for people who didn't have CP/AA already installed in their vehicles when they originally purchased them and therefore they must purchase mod kit for $180.00 or else CP/AA won't work. My question then is can I just run the firmware upgrade and then I will be good, or do I need to purchase that kit? I guessing I don't have to but I want to confirm before I do this.Here's my current version:

IMG_7904 (2).JPG
Never mind, I went ahead and did the upgrade and everything's fine (including CP) so I'm up to date.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, you can directly update from your FW 59.00.441 to FW 70.00.352. You do not have to have the new usb hub/cables installed to install/use any FW 70. Only if you want to use the official Mazda Android Auto/Apple CarPlay you have to install the new hardware.
I'm in the same situation, are there any advantages to updating to FW 70.00.352 from 59.00.441 ? Can you use the touchscreen with the official AA from Mazda if AIO (without the builtd-in AA) is installed ?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Advantage: Bugs are fixed (as at any update, see changlog pdf for details) and the reboot is a little faster, but after the update you can not install AIO tweaks via USB anymore and all tweaks are deleted. If you want to install AIO tweaks with .335 (and probably .352) you have to do the ID7v2 serial access during/directly after the update. For instructions see www.mazdatweaks.com/id7.

No, the touchscreen at official AA from Mazda does not work at all and touch can not be activated via AIO touch tweak.

And AIO AA tweak does not work with any FW 70 - just saying, if you think about installing AIO AA on FW 70 for getting touch - this does not work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And AIO AA tweak does not work with any FW 70 - just saying, if you think about installing AIO AA on FW 70 for getting touch - this does not work.
And is the official Mazda AA performing better ? Is it better to just upgrate to FW 59.00.546 and keep using AIO's version of AA ? I've tried AA in the past and had issues, I just figured it was just because it wasn't official and uninstalled it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I only used AIO AA 1,5 years ago and back then Mazdas AA was more stable. Since then I use Mazdas AA.

Better or not? I do not know. AIO AA has touch and is for free. Mazdas AA might be more stable. Decide for yourself, whats important for you. Just install AIO AA and test the latest version and decide afterwards.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Faster than what? Depends on from which version you upgrade... boot & menu of FW 70 is faster than FW 55/56/59, yes. But do not expect FW 70.00.352 to be faster than 70.00.335.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Here is a TSB with the changelog info about the 70.00.352 NA.

1. It mentions: "The latest version of MAZDA CONNECT software cannot be rolled back to an earlier version". Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone tried to roll back from .352 to another version?

2. And can you still install .352 over .352 (as you could with .335)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to update to the 70.00.352 NA from 31.00.100A. When the USB is plugged into the car, it displays no new updates. Also after updating to 31 from 29, there is no more WiFi option under the device tab, only Bluetooth.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts