2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
510 Posts
Beautiful! OEM+ is good, some springs, Upper strut brace and stiffer sway bars should help the body roll, at least the upper strut brace and sway bars if springs are too much past your idea of OEM+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly what im looking at doing. Slight lowering on springs and new sway bars have been ordered as well as new intake and exhaust (axle back). Not planning on doing anything to the engine other than the air intake.

Eventually im going to fit some wilwood 4 piston brakes to the front, rear red calipers from the brembo equiped cars to the rear, and some good coil-overs depending on how it feels on the springs, like MeisterR's (Still investigating options). Suppose its a bit more than OEM+ thinking about it 🤔, but in terms of looks will be fairly unmolested, with just a couple of subtle things.

To anyone not in the know it should look like a standard nice car, with all the changes hiddern and just for making the driving more enjoyable without making it an out and out track car. Will be used on the road and at the minute not planning on any track outings.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
510 Posts
Heck Yea! sounds like you got the plan going! OEM ++ 😄

Idk much about springs in general, I have Coil overs, but from what i've seen the Cork Sport Springs do a good job on lowering modestly and providing great feedback in the corners, again, just what i've read and seen.
I dont plan to do much to my engine either, I just have the aFe CAI, not much on the market for the gen 3 MZD3

What Sway bars, Exhaust, Intake did you go with/look at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shame, i have always liked the 3, forget about it from time to time but then whenever I see one im reminded how good they look. Dont think they have made a bad looking version of it to be honest.

The good thing about the MX is they have been about forever so plenty of different bits, but the ND2 (the one i have) deff has the least amount. You look at the NA and NB's and there is just so much stuff. All the major stuff is out there for the ND2 though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts