2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'll explain the title in a second. First off, I've been on multiple times and their are some fantastic threads on here that have been really helpful to me. I owned a 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback that I absolutely loved. I owned it for almost 4 years and had very little problems. I decided to let it go since it was getting high up in the miles and got myself a 2014 Mazda 3. Love the new car as much as my old one. This one has less than 20xxx on it so I will be with me for a long time hopefully.

Now to the title. I've always loved modifying and fixing cars. Have since I was just a kid. So, when I saw this 2014 for sale for a great price, I was intrigued why...Well, I deduced it was 2 things: Base model (no cruise control) and a small scrape(probably a curb) by the rear tire. The scrape, that is not a big deal.. When it finally warms up in the tundra of upstate NY I will fix that...however the cruise control modification intrigued me. I of course found the thread on this website that touched on that topic and figured out how to do it. So, bought myself the cruise control switch, the harness, and a usb forscan computer. Installed the cruise control switch and harness (That air bag is a pain in the arse to un-install fyi) and tried to use the program in forscan to write the code onto my car...No luck. It might have to do something with me only having 3 blocks instead of 4 like most. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to calculate what to enter in lines 720-03-01 and 720-03-23, if those are the correct lines to edit? Or if you could even help calculate it for me, you would GREATLY help this new member out.. Thank you!

My car is a 2014 Mazda 3 I SV. Vin is JM1BM1T72E1122713

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts