2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

My name is Andrew. I am new to the Mazda3 scene since I just purchased my car a few days ago (2014 white S GT 5-door). I am wanting to do suspension, exhaust and brakes. This car came from the north and I need to replace some of the rusty parts and I would like to kill 2 birds with one stone. Also, would NC Miata parts work on my car?

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
Also, would NC Miata parts work on my car?
No

My name is Andrew. I am new to the Mazda3 scene since I just purchased my car a few days ago (2014 white S GT 5-door). I am wanting to do suspension, exhaust and brakes. This car came from the north and I need to replace some of the rusty parts and I would like to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Koni Special Active dampers with any of the better spring choices such as H&R, Eibach, Racing Beat etc work well.
How loud do you want the exhaust?
A set of street performance brakes as is offered by StopTech.
Lots of threads with plenty of information, plenty to read......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No

Koni Special Active dampers with any of the better spring choices such as H&R, Eibach, Racing Beat etc work well.
How loud do you want the exhaust?
A set of street performance brakes as is offered by StopTech.
Lots of threads with plenty of information, plenty to read......

I've always had a Miata in the family and I really like the sound of it. And yes I do realize the Miata is a 2 seat convertible and I'm driving a 5-door hatchback. I wouldn't like my exhaust to be super loud, brash and annoying, but just a little louder than stock so that my car has a presence. I have been thinking about an axle-back exhaust so that my car isn't vibrating super terribly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is pretty much what I want to with my car too, except I'm also considering the vivid racing flash tune too. I'm torn between racing beat and cork sport and maybe borla. But I keep finding good and bad sounding videos of all the options on both 2.5 and 2.0 models so it makes it so hard to choose. As far as suspension I was thinking racing beat with bilstein b6s for a oem type setup since bilstein are the factory option on miatas.

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
If you want an exhaust that isn't terribly loud and sounds good, look at the Ultimate Racing axle back. Its pretty quiet at lower rpms, more aggressive sounding when you really get on it, and more importantly it doesn't have that annoying mid-range drone like most of the others.

·
Mazda Fresher
112 Posts
IMO, if you are looking for a "stock plus" kind of feel, I'd go Racing Beat or Eibach springs, the Koni dampers mentioned above, and likely the Racing Beat exhaust as well, since it's the most chill. Corksport and Borla I believe both drone at about 2k rpms. UR above supposedly is free of that though and would be more aggressive than Racing Beat.

The loudness of exhaust and roughness of ride is always such a personal thing though. I've also found that the 2.5L seems to make all the engine modifications more pronounced on NVH than the 2.0L too, so it may depend on which engine you have.

Reactions: Cliffmoney

·
Registered
316 Posts
As far as suspension I was thinking racing beat with bilstein b6s for a oem type setup since bilstein are the factory option on miatas.
if You do get RB and B6, please post your review. I am interested.

as for the RB muffler, its sound is quite different based on the ambien temp. It growls deeper and more noticeable if the car has been sitting in the sun 80+ sun, even when just starting the car. i think most mufflers do that but after market mufflers seem to amplify the difference more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts